The 2012 N.Y. Mets Thread

metaldad

I have Zero expectations and you shouldn't as well laugh.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Phillies fan, but I'd like to see New York become relevant again if only because the NL East race tends to be a lot of fun when the Phils-Mets rivalry is in full swing.

With the Mets going through tough times, the Phils' lineup getting kinda long in the tooth, and the Marlins and Nationals apparently improving, it doesn't seem likely that it'll be Philly and NY battling it out for the division--but we'll see!

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 8 2012, 11:56 PM)
The Battle for Last? Who will the Mets be battling with??? smile.gif

My guess is Washington

I find it funny how the Mets are all in "I think we can surprise people this year" mode again. I recall hearing that before.....

Also, Jason Bay's reportedly going to be back to his old ways with his more natural, open stance. That also sounds familiar......

Ah well. At least we can enjoy G-K-R.

Edited by Echoes

QUOTE (Echoes @ Mar 9 2012, 10:40 PM)
I find it funny how the Mets are all in "I think we can surprise people this year" mode again. I recall hearing that before.....

Also, Jason Bay's reportedly going to be back to his old ways with his more natural, open stance. That also sounds familiar......

Ah well. At least we can enjoy G-K-R.

Hey, going to a wider stance worked for Larry Craig... smile.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 9 2012, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 8 2012, 11:56 PM)
The Battle for Last?    Who will the Mets be battling with???  smile.gif

My guess is Washington

The Nats might deserve to finish last with some of the missteps they've made. I liked Jayson Werth when he was in Philly, and I think he'll play some good ball for Washington, but the contract they gave him was ridiculous.

They're an interesting (if largely unproven) club, however. Everyone seems to be really high on their starting pitching. Clippard and Storen are good guys to have in the pen. Espinosa seems to have decent potential, and I've always liked Zimmerman. And Davey Johnson, in my opinion, is actually a pretty good manager.

I think they're still too young and raw to make a real run at the division title, but they're one of those "wouldn't surprise me to see them finish anywhere from second to last" sort of clubs.

I should probably say something about New York since this is a Mets topic. I hope David Wright returns to form this season. I hate the team, but Wright is one Met I have a lot of respect for. He was a heck of a player for quite some time. Sadly, it seems he's already having injury issues this year. sad.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ Mar 10 2012, 12:40 AM)

What else are they going to say? "We suck, don't even bother watching."

I don't expect much. I just hope for a few bright spots for the future. Player development is the theme for the season.

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 11 2012, 09:55 PM)
Have they announced a certain date to pay tribute to Gary Carter yet?

Well, they will wear his number on there sleeve all season. That much I know.

QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 11 2012, 10:52 AM)
Player development is the theme for the season.

And the next few seasons . They will win Nothing until the Owners sell, They know it, the Players know it and the Fans know it

They have sent David Wright back to N.Y. for tests on his Rib. Just Fanfuckingtastic news

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 12 2012, 08:50 AM)

And the next few seasons . They will win Nothing until the Owners sell, They know it, the Players know it and the Fans know it

Yer killin me. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 12 2012, 04:57 PM)
They have sent David Wright back to N.Y. for tests on his Rib. Just Fanfuckingtastic news

eh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 12 2012, 07:50 AM)

hey at least we have a nice stadium and one of the best hotdogs i've ever had at some kosher stand. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 12 2012, 02:55 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 11 2012, 09:55 PM)
Have they announced a certain date to pay tribute to Gary Carter yet?

Well, they will wear his number on there sleeve all season. That much I know.

Cool,

I will have to make sure to watch for the day of the tribute.

QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 12 2012, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 12 2012, 08:50 AM)

Yer killin me. atickhum.gif

It kills me as well, but it's the Facts

I miss Ed Kranepool.

http://cardboardgods.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/2008_801_0003_ed_kranepool_76_1080.jpg

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Mar 13 2012, 07:55 PM)
What about Ed Hearn? That guy was awesome.

Too bad he didn't stay a Met. The Mets were much better off trading him to KC for David Cone. :boo:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f8vrWCeQJZU/TXjZW7H17qI/AAAAAAAAAD4/yPlWfdOF-3U/s1600/64topps-251.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ucfqOwc4nTY/TlFCSWSCOEI/AAAAAAAATmA/YqS7yb2u8oA/s1600/Marv+Throneberry+%25288%2529.jpg

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 14 2012, 04:31 PM)
QUOTE (Echoes @ Mar 13 2012, 08:04 PM)
Beltran. I miss him.

i was never a beltran fan and he never wanted to play in ny, but money changes that.

yes.gif