You think Geddy's double Rick is huge?

H. P. L.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 7 2012, 06:02 PM)
My God.

Imagine an instrument maker, lovingly spending hours making this unique, if a bit pointless, instrument, and then seeing it being played on that load of old shit.

I'm playing air-4-neck-bass-guitar right now!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Mar 7 2012, 10:51 AM)
I don't play any instruments, but is it really necessary to have such a humongous bass to play that song?

Of course not. The bass player from that band Presidents of the United States of America plays with only 2 strings. Some people like the goof playing that bass are basically just sideshow clowns and want to be silly.

It was the 80s when everything that was bigger was better.

Edited by trenken

Rick Nielson

http://minijammers.plamoney.com/images/ricknielsen%205%20neck.jpg

And how can we forget Rick's Uncle Dick

http://www.acmetrendz.com/images/res/_minigitaren_RickNelson_Uncle_Dick_xl_500_0_acme.jpg

I was there when The World made its debut, in the early 80s, and quickly disappeared.

I seem to remember their early apparitions and the bass player was playing a normal bass left handed. Said he was missing a finger in the right hand, and that the 4 neck was "touch controlled" or something. Obviously the 12-year-old me sucked it up. laugh.gif

One of the reasons I kept this band in my memory banks, apart for the catchy chorus from another of their singles, Shoo Shoo Wah (indeed), is the uniqueness (and uselessness) of that bass. So it WAS a wise marketing tool.

I read their only album has been re-released, I might check it out.