Overcooked Foods

Lost In Xanadu

Eggs - I like mine over easy. Too much and they lose all potential of tasting all right to me.

Grilled Sandwiches - Like, when one side gets too dark... even if it's not quite burnt. Sometimes I will throw that slice out to the birds and grill a new one.

Hamburgers - And meat in general. Particularly beef. Some people like well-done, and that's great, but as for me, it's medium-well or medium-rare if I feel like it. Otherwise it loses all the true flavour.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Feb 17 2012, 03:02 PM)
What about foods that you like over cooked?????

I only ask because my wife will order her hashbrowns and bacon "extra crispy" at restaurants and when I cook breakfast at home. To me, that is just plain over cooked and I can't stand it but she can't eat either of those any other way.

My grandma would always make grilled cheese in the toaster oven for me - a slice of bread with cheese on it. She would always burn the cheese and I kind of got used to it and even craved it after a while.

grits.. a little lumpy... laugh.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Feb 25 2012, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Feb 17 2012, 03:02 PM)
What about foods that you like over cooked?????

I only ask because my wife will order her hashbrowns and bacon "extra crispy" at restaurants and when I cook breakfast at home.  To me, that is just plain over cooked and I can't stand it but she can't eat either of those any other way.

My grandma would always make grilled cheese in the toaster oven for me - a slice of bread with cheese on it.  She would always burn the cheese and I kind of got used to it and even craved it after a while.

grits.. a little lumpy... laugh.gif

You have a wise wife! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 23 2012, 06:03 PM)
Rice (Outside Sushi, I loathe sticky rice)

I love the stuff for certain dishes. I hit PCC every now and then to load up on their sticky rice. It works great in a bowl smothered with teriyaki chicken and scallions. You can really load up the chopsticks with a wonderful bite of equal parts rice and chicken. Sticky rice also works great in certain desserts if you sweeten it up with some sugar and vinegar.

Embrace the sticky rice Owl!! tongue.gif

A friend of mine convinced me to re-try Brussels Sprouts the other day.

Far, far, far better than the last ones.

And these came from the dining hall.

(The last ones, from a middle school cafeteria.)

I wonder how good legit Brussels Sprouts would taste.