Let's HELP a fellow RUSH fan & Cancer Survivor...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another pay day coming up. I'll see what I can add. cheer.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Feb 23 2012, 03:34 AM)
Another pay day coming up. I'll see what I can add.  cheer.gif

Hmm...another $21.12 given after your post...interesting!

EVERYONE on TRF,

Of everything I have been a part of regarding RUSH online i.e. voting for them in non-TRF polls like getting Countdown played on the Space Shuttle for instance, nothing has been, obviously, more AMAZING to me than the shear outpouring of support for a fellow RUSH fan who is doing something so great to help kids with cancer. RUSH fans have again showed why we are the BEST fans of the BEST band in the world! 2.gif

All that said, right now, Samm is so close to hitting $4000, one of the about 9 goals (literally) that the charity has raised when she obliterated the other goals! From a previous post Samm made she said she alone has raised almost half the entire committee's goal! Although, this wouldn't have been possible without Samm, RUSH fans played a huge part because we have just given and given and given! It's just astounding! applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Right now, she is at $3708, just $292 away from what looks like what will be, unless something even more amazing happens, around where she ends up. Then again, who knows! confused13.gif

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/gobrownstd54/3708-raised.jpg

I know times are tight for everyone right now but there is no amount too small! I personally can only afford to give another $5 before the Dance Marathon on March 3rd (when she will get recognized by the charity and thank RUSH and the fans for their support) so trust me I understand people who want to give, but can't. yes.gif

I can also understand the thinking that "well, the goal has been beaten so many times and they keep raising it and she already has gotten so much more than she dreamed possible, so why bother." I get that as well. yes.gif

BUT...let's just make this final push and get her over $4000! If you were on the fence or were planning to give and you forgot or maybe you already gave, just consider donating now. And remember, there is no amount to small, you can do it anonymously AND you can leave a message for everyone to see where you can give Samm support and mention RUSH, or TRF or whatever you feel like! trink39.gif

Samm's UGA Miracle Donation Page

"Just one spark of decency

Against a starless night

One glow of hope and dignity

A child can follow the light

No matter what they say

No matter what they say...

Everyday people

Everyday shame

Everyday promise

Shot down in flames

EVERYDAY SUNRISE

ANOTHER EVERYDAY STORY

RISE FROM THE ASHES -

A BLAZE OF EVERYDAY GLORY"

2.gif

I wanted to give everyone an update on Sam's donations. As of today, her online total reached $3,814.00. This amount along with her cash donations that she has collected, the total amount she has collected for UGA Miracle is $4,009.00. When all this got started, this was her "personal goal". She is very happy and thankful to her Rush family for the outpouring of support they have shown her.

Sam is sorry she hasn't posted. She is very busy with midterms and getting ready for the UGA Dance Marathon this Saturday. On top of all that, she is battling the flu.

I would also like to personally thank everyone that donatated. I am again very humbled by the Rush community. What you have done shows why Rush fans are the best.

Sam's goal scale stands at 95%. $186.00 from $4,000.00. It would be great to see it reach 100% by the start of her Dance Marathon this Saturday. If you would still like to donate, here is the link;

Sam's UGA Miracle Donation Page

Thanks again to everyone.

John Dyar

I first will apologize for not immediately updating you on how everything went. i had the flu the week before Marathon, had Marathon, mid-terms, and recently spring break. But, Miracle's final total was...................................................

$321,000

yes. That is $321,000 for the kids. I was awarded the highest individual fundraising award with a total of around $4200. hat is amazing. I could not have done it without you. Every single person who donated made it possible for Miracle to save lives. I can't express what it ment to me to be ale to say it was RUSH fans who helped me raise my total. No one believed me when I told them how it happened. You guys are amazing. Thanks to the guys for inspiring such awesome fans.

I am proud to be a RUSH fan. nothing beats it.

peace, love, and 2.gif

Samm