Who provides you your television service?

BeOhBe Bob

Cable Satellite Smoke signals a/k/a antenna  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Cable Satellite Smoke signals a/k/a antenna

• Time Warner Cable
    • COMCAST
    • Cox comm
    • Other cable co.(please give their name, or not)
    • DIRECTV
    • DISH
    • That shiny thing pointing to the sky that bristles with energy

QUOTE (goose @ Feb 2 2012, 02:26 AM)
Switched to Dish a while back and have been happy. I refuse to pay what DirectTV charges.

A few years ago I had a roof leak and needed to get my roof replaced. I called Dish Network and asked them how to arrange to get my dish reinstalled after the roof was replaced as I was going to remove it myself. They first claimed they couldn't do it and finally decided that it would take 2 weeks and cost me over $200. I called DirecTV and they were able to install a dish the next day at no charge plus a special cost on programming for a year. I gave them a chance to take care of this in a reasonable manner and I still laugh when I get their mail asking me to come back to them with a no charge installation! Idiots.

So I went to the Time Warner office in Canton, since they closed the one 2 miles up the road from me...thanks yet again, and who was in the dor ahead of me? An older lady with TWO BOXES, a current TWC box, just like mine, and one that looked like a satellite box, i was unsure what it was, and i didn't ask.

Cable lady says NEXT! and so I plop my box in front of her and say I want your RoadRunner, we love it..but no more cable. Oh? I'm sorry why's that she asks. Well even after dropping the phone service, a month later the bill is back to almost $170 a month for cable n internet. Did you ask if they could redo your cable service? Yes and they said the only other thing they could do is basic, but there were no channels we wanted. So she huffs, clicks her keys in disgust and I offer up...ya know it only takes one bad apple to really damage or destroy a relationship between a customer and a provider...and I point to the Akron Beacon Journal logo on my jacket...I'm involved in customer support too, and I gotta tell ya, when I called she was curt snipy and downright nasty to me...as i tap her counter harder with every descriptive word. Oh! I am so sorry did she offer you the basic package for $29 a month? What's that, just curious, I already have DIRECTV installed and running. $29 will get you local channels. Local channels? That' it? I repeat with an attitude, I get 170 channels of DIRECTV for $40 now.

OK so so far TWC lost a cust. We lost retro tv MeTV and PBS Create. But we're saving over $100/month on TV

As Charlie Sheen woulda said.....WINNNING!

And we agree, all the movie channels go bye bye when the trial period is up, even though I watched a 90's GODZILLA and MOTHRA SAVE THE EARTH tonight

z7shysterical.gif

Nice story AW!

See, this attitude towards customer service has made me drop companies or change to others. WTH is wrong with companies nowadays? Nearly every time you call and talk to a Rep, you get attitude flipped at you - like it's your fault that they screwed up. Honestly, it just drives me crazy! wacko.gif

Good for you, BoB! yes.gif