my favourite headache

canadianice

It has some strong melodies and interesting arrangements. Geddy said in a record store interview he REALLY enjoyed making that, and you can hear it. There's a few duds on it but it's a pretty strong album.

I remember him saying something like it was enjoyable for him to be the head king of everything, something like that, making all the decisions instead of arguing with 2 other guys about certain things. Must have been fun for him.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jan 17 2012, 07:31 PM)
It has some strong melodies and interesting arrangements. Geddy said in a record store interview he REALLY enjoyed making that, and you can hear it. There's a few duds on it but it's a pretty strong album.

I remember him saying something like it was enjoyable for him to be the head king of everything, something like that, making all the decisions instead of arguing with 2 other guys about certain things. Must have been fun for him.

I hope he decides to make a follow up when Rush retires. It seems likely if he enjoyed it so much.

Love this album! It seems to have exploded in the last few days out of nowhere! I'm hoping (can't believe I'm saying this) that after a 40th anniversary tour, Rush will take a break and Ged will have time to give us a new album! (A guy can dream right?) I want to hear more from Ben Mink too! Edited by Gilbertk

I like MFH, but it has always struck me as more a songwriter's album and less a bassist's album; he has complex arrangements, but never really jams - at least not a lot. I'm sure it was very satisfying for him to make, but I think it would be more satisfying for me if he rocked out a bit more. Again, though, I really like it, but wish he'd been more aggressive with his bass playing.

My Favorite Headache is like a heavy holiday meal. There's a lot to chew on and you are well satisfied in the end. I love the earthiness of it. Geddy gives us that amazing bass lick at the beginning and then shows us what a great songwriter he is. I wonder what would have happened if he had embraced a huge marketing campaign and toured for the album.