Controversial plus sized article

lerxt1990

As a plus-size woman, I like this sentiment. I prefer Reubenesque, though wink.gif

There needs to be a shift in mentality. Skinny isn't beautiful, big isn't beautiful, healthy is beautiful. If we can change the mentality to promoting health, we'll be on a better track. All of a sudden, the underweight waifs wouldn't be thought of goals and overweight women might not feel the need to shed 20 pounds. You can be healthy and still be packing a few extra pounds, after all.

As a guy, I'm just as turned off by stick-figure women as I am 300 pound women (and while I hope everyone here is rational, just in case anyone takes offense at that, I'll just remind the room that everyone has personal tastes and opinions about who they find attractive). There's a middle ground that I personally believe most men consider "normal", despite the stereotypes about us that say we only like skinny women with huge... tracts of land. And in that middle ground, you'll find healthy women of varying shapes and sizes.

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 18 2012, 08:29 PM)
There needs to be a shift in mentality. Skinny isn't beautiful, big isn't beautiful, healthy is beautiful. If we can change the mentality to promoting health, we'll be on a better track. All of a sudden, the underweight waifs wouldn't be thought of goals and overweight women might not feel the need to shed 20 pounds. You can be healthy and still be packing a few extra pounds, after all.

As a guy, I'm just as turned off by stick-figure women as I am 300 pound women (and while I hope everyone here is rational, just in case anyone takes offense at that, I'll just remind the room that everyone has personal tastes and opinions about who they find attractive). There's a middle ground that I personally believe most men consider "normal", despite the stereotypes about us that say we only like skinny women with huge... tracts of land. And in that middle ground, you'll find healthy women of varying shapes and sizes.

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/vrav2.gif

to both of you! rose.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 18 2012, 09:29 PM)

Yeah, what he said. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

You read my mind, Daniel. I agree 100%. To me, all women are beautiful; beauty is in the eye of the beholder and comes in many forms. Healthy is beautiful, and we should be promoting genuine health instead of extreme forms of "beauty." Society needs to snap out of it. sad.gif

And I loved the Monty Python reference. tongue.gif