Flying Colors

tangy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 29 2012, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 08:54 PM)
I have my copy but it's still in the cellophane and I dare not open it yet...

wacko.gif

What are you waiting for?!

It's 2012 it's the end of the world I just can't relax!

wacko.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 29 2012, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2012, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 29 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 29 2012, 07:44 AM)
It arrived today.....

And I expect you to scream out from your rooftop in a Valkyrie roar that it's the METAL album of the decade! 1022.gif

It's so not METAL. And all the better for it. You metallers will have to go into your man caves and write big angry missives(when you're not playing video games, or rubbing one out, or both at the same time) to Kerrang!!!

This album is fabulous. It's full of tunes. The playing is understated for the most part, the odd proggy moment shining through. The best side-project any of them have ever been involved with. So many supergroups fall flat on their collective arse, not this one.

Not sure if it's going to chart, but it should be huge. It's so shiny, and poppy and Beatley.

Truly gobsmacked, I expected it to be good, not an album of the year contender. Wow.

Not metal. A pop-prog masterpiece.

Now that's a review I can trust! Buying this.

Enjoy. I've played it 5 times since 5pm yesterday. This has mass appeal. Casey sounds a bit like Chris Martin in spots, no bad thing for shifting units, and the drumming on The Storm(I think) is pure Coldplay.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 30 2012, 12:17 AM)
http://flyingcolorsmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/live_montage.jpg
Dates not announced but I'm sure they'll come to NYC!

Awesome news. I hope they come to the UK. No point in even praying for an Irish date.

At our latest census, we had 4.8 million citizens. 7 of us like prog.

Pop-Prog is a good way to put it . Some Metal here and there . That guy has a very good voice

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 30 2012, 02:03 PM)
Pop-Prog is a good way to put  it . Some Metal here and there . That guy has a very good voice

Yes, as a sop to Treeduck, the big Jessie, Shoulda Coulda Woulda & All Falls Down have a metallic, Muse-ish sheen.

Still NOT METAL!

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

About half way through the album and I am enjoying this very much, still about half the album to listen to, but very good so far.....

I will pause to stop and say that while I am enjoying the songs, there is a certain lack of direction on the album, each song is doing something completely different....

Not a bad thing, not at all... But it's like having a mix tape of Spock's Beard, Queen, The Beatles, and Muse all on one CD... In some ways that is good... but I guess I do prefer album oriented rock as opposed to song oriented.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 30 2012, 05:53 PM)
About half way through the album and I am enjoying this very much, still about half the album to listen to, but very good so far.....

I will pause to stop and say that while I am enjoying the songs, there is a certain lack of direction on the album, each song is doing something completely different....

Not a bad thing, not at all... But it's like having a mix tape of Spock's Beard, Queen, The Beatles, and Muse all on one CD... In some ways that is good... but I guess I do prefer album oriented rock as opposed to song oriented.

I'm an album-oriented guy, too, but I'm really enjoying the variety on this album.

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Mar 30 2012, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Mar 30 2012, 05:53 PM)

I'm an album-oriented guy, too, but I'm really enjoying the variety on this album.

I love it. I had it on in the car this morning, great travelling album, and it packs quite an emotional punch too.

I honestly thought that I would never like something MP did again, but this changed all that. Brilliant album. I absolutely love it, and think the collection of musicians is perfect. Casey and Steve Morse are the standouts. I adore Steve's playing (this is the 1st time I've ever heard him on an album) and Casey's vocals are stunning. And coming from a staunch hater of MP's vox, I can honestly say that Fool In My Heart is very well done and a great performance from him.

9/10

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Mar 31 2012, 11:30 AM)
I honestly thought that I would never like something MP did again, but this changed all that. Brilliant album. I absolutely love it, and think the collection of musicians is perfect. Casey and Steve Morse are the standouts. I adore Steve's playing (this is the 1st time I've ever heard him on an album) and Casey's vocals are stunning. And coming from a staunch hater of MP's vox, I can honestly say that Fool In My Heart is very well done and a great performance from him.

9/10

Fool In My Heart is lovely.

The more i listen the more i love it

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 01:50 PM)

Yeah, it's f***ing great.

Had it on all weekend, with regular doses of Maiden inbetween, to get the metal balance right, otherwise Aunty Treeduck would have had a hissy fit, the big metal Mary.

Edit: In at #11 in the UK Rock charts!

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 2 2012, 08:55 AM)

Had it on all weekend, with regular doses of Maiden inbetween, to get the metal balance right, otherwise Aunty Treeduck would have had a hissy fit, the big metal Mary.

Mine's still in the cellophane!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 2 2012, 01:35 PM)

laugh.gif

You can do it Ducky yes.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 07:21 PM)

laugh.gif

Do it, for the love of GAWD!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 2 2012, 02:23 PM)

laugh.gif

My Thick as Brick 2 came today too! Guess where that is? Cellophane! laugh.gif

I am listening to Catfish Rising now as a concession...

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 2 2012, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Apr 2 2012, 02:23 PM)

laugh.gif

My Thick as Brick 2 came today too! Guess where that is? Cellophane! laugh.gif

I am listening to Catfish Rising now as a concession...

cool10.gif

Oh, for the love of all that is good and decent. Catfish f***ing Rising?

And you have TAAB2 & FC in cellophane. I should wrap you in cellophane.

Mad. As. A. Leg. Of. Salmon.