Modern Drummer cover story this month - Neil Peart

gestet2112

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 7 2011, 07:54 PM)
Thanks. Great paragraph at the end about Nick. C'mon Nick. I'm counting on you to get the most chops you can out of these guys. I have a real good feeling about CA.

Anytime! I know all the Neil/drumming fans would appreciate this.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Dec 8 2011, 12:52 AM)
Don't care what anyone says, Neil KICKS ASS.

NeilFinal.gif 1022.gif

Not only on the drum kit but a professional wordsmith/author as well as a master verbalist! I'm never bored with his writing or interviews.

as a kid I could not have a drum set at home, while it was obviously in my heart to be a drummer...so I learned to play tapping on school desks, practice pads, and working for drummers till I got a set. But since my first car, I am constantly drumming on the steering wheel, keeping time with my directions and doing drills around them, and even if Im driving twisty roads...Im counting off to my music playing with my hi hat foot. always a drummer, especially in the car. and music is always n my head as well. I walk in time when it fits with the song on my ipod or in my head. its ridiculous, but I love it

As a guitar player even I find myself "playing drums" to the tempo of the turn signal lol.

Now whenever someone is annoyed and tells me to stop doing it I will say "Hey Neil Peart does this too, shut up" laugh.gif

Whenever I don't have a guitar near me or music to listen to I tap out drum beats almost constantly