THE ONLY BORED THREAD v.1

ghostworks

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 8 2012, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:44 PM)
So....Tired..... Why does highschool have to be so exhausting?? confused13.gif  schla03.gif

Just the beginning sir.

Indeed. My junior year is going to only get harder. eh.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Feb 9 2012, 10:12 AM)
re: Saw films

...thinking about it again

I suppose you could be an 'OK' person psychologically and still 'enjoy' depictions of human suffering... but I'm not sure personally how to reconcile that

Revisiting this discussion.

I am huge horror buff now and have seen the first three "Saw" films.

It's exciting and there's more to it than just human suffering, it's more about ultimatums and sacrifices... The human suffering is morbid, and sometimes makes me watch like I'd watch an oncoming train...

To explain enjoying human suffering depicted while still remaining healthy and kind psychologically? If Babycat isn't proof enough, just remember it's acted and as humans we know this so well we don't even have to remind ourselves.

If Saw films depicted humans actually mutilating themselves (no props, snuff film status) or dying in traps, then it would honestly scare and disgust me as much as anything possibly could. I've seen one or two snuff videos online, and those who get off on the stuff more likely than not are suffering from manic depression, antisocial personality disorder, etc...

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Feb 9 2012, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Feb 9 2012, 09:47 AM)
The only way I can explain this, is that to me, a movie is just a movie. I'm not affected by the scenes shown. I don't enjoy 'the depictions of human suffering' because I know that it's just a movie - that's all it is  - a movie.

one of the worst explanations anyone could think of

we already know movies are movies.

people are just people, food is just food, life is just life.

you can kind of take away the meaning from anything like this, see?

as for your second part, yeah, you could turn out psychologically fine enough not to be a criminal / killer / sadist.. But all art has influence. eg: has Rush's music changed your life perspective? Have any TV shows had an effect on your outlook? Well whether you like it or not, Saw has too, even if just subconsciously.

FREUD OUT

-H. Ken

Sorry about this Babycat blush4.gif

I don't even buy into subconscious theories anymore. Some Freudian "Unconscious Mind" theories, yes of course, but this was over the top and you had a point worth listening to.

Far from the worst explanation ever. I was obviously an angry. I'm such a fool tongue.gif

To keep it very brief:

With watching horror films as a hobby (methodically really, I'm bound to see every horror movie I have access to) I ran into Saw about... Say, 70 movies in? This is according to my RT list, anyway.

The subconscious crap... Well, some of it isn't crap, some of it is. I could get very deep into this one...

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 20 2012, 03:28 AM)
To keep it very brief:

With watching horror films as a hobby (methodically really, I'm bound to see every horror movie I have access to) I ran into Saw about... Say, 70 movies in? This is according to my RT list, anyway.

The subconscious crap... Well, some of it isn't crap, some of it is. I could get very deep into this one...

You probably could, but like I said, I don't want to get into another row over it.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 21 2012, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 20 2012, 03:28 AM)
To keep it very brief:

You probably could, but like I said, I don't want to get into another row over it.

(over that)