The lovers of My Little Pony

Godot

HOLD THE PRESSES!

I JUST FOUND THE GREATEST PMV OF ALL TIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSzhXbeSas&feature=related

This song is from my all time favorite game franchise. It focused so well on the plot and story development and it was wonderful.

Not to mention, this song rocks, and it's hard to believe the girl singing was only 14 at the time

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 30 2011, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Nov 30 2011, 06:24 PM)
Meh, not the best pmv i've seen. Sorry Lite  wink.gif

tongue.gif I know it was really bad but I'm just happy there was something pony/mother related

I still love that Luna one with Priests of Syrinx over it. wub.gif

Well i'm off to bed now, goodnight everypony! Thanks for the feedback on my shops too.. laugh.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 2 2011, 04:49 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...&v=QaOq8O0lbxE#!

DREAMLINE PMV!

That actually matched so well, although I thought Dreamline sounded like it was on ecstasy because of that fast tempo. I feel awkward posting on here cause I haven't watched the actual show itself other than YouTube videos my friends send me which amuses me. I don't understand why so many guys like the show, as I think it's the most fascinating things I've ever witnessed, but I don't have a problem with the show or any of its fans cause I bet it can't be worse than most of the shows that are in the same target demographic.

• Like 1

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Dec 2 2011, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 2 2011, 06:25 PM)
I haven't watched the actual show itself

I envy you for the joy you are going to experience when you finally do... biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Isn't the wife of Craig McCracken of Foster's and Powerpuff Girls fame involved with this show? It reminds me so much of his style of cartoons.

• Like 1

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 2 2011, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Dec 2 2011, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 2 2011, 06:25 PM)
I haven't watched the actual show itself

I envy you for the joy you are going to experience when you finally do... biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Isn't the wife of Craig McCracken of Foster's and Powerpuff Girls fame involved with this show? It reminds me so much of his style of cartoons.

Yup, Lauren Faust (his wife) is the creator. She even has a DeviantART account; I think she's *fyre-flye.

She has Discord sketches on her main page. biggrin.gif /squee

(And just for the record I felt significantly more joy upon reading the Stargate Equestria fan-fiction, aside from the Discord episodes WHICH THERE SHOULD BE MORE OF, but that's because I'm a weird person like that. laugh.gif

I often wonder how you say "pony" in Goa'uld...

"Kree! Cha'hai, Celestia!")

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 2 2011, 08:44 PM)
Quick question: how do you reconcile this with your manhood?

What is there to reconcile? I don't see anything unmanly about this. I work hard to make my mark on the world every day, and when I retire in the evening, I watch My Little Pony. It's maybe a little different, but it doesn't make me any less of a man at all.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 2 2011, 09:44 PM)

You mean the bravery of choosing to venture outside of the norm and the choice of individuality and willingness to harbor your own opinion against the masses?

Feels pretty good

Well, ahem, last I checked, I didn't have a manhood to reconcile with (...that came out strangely) so... um... anyways...

I've found that the majority of people I know that like MLP even a little are pretty evenly split fifty-fifty, guys and girls.

besides the fact that rainbow dash may as well be a boy

tongue.gif (I kid, I kid.)

I think it's merely surprising that as many guys as there ARE do enjoy it, or at least enjoy poking fun at it, OR be weird like me and just write crossover fan-fiction in order to indirectly poke fun at it through characters you already poke fun.. at. Or something.

(Stargate AND Star Trek AND My Little Pony ALL AT THE SAME TIME.)

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 3 2011, 03:27 AM)

You mean the bravery of choosing to venture outside of the norm and the choice of individuality and willingness to harbor your own opinion against the masses?

Feels pretty good

That sounds almost exactly like the message behind the story of 2112.

goodpost.gif

Seriously, it's just a freakin' TV show. Honestly, I don't see how males being a fan of this is a huge stain on their manhood or society. It's more acceptable for people to come out gay, lesbian, or bi, but we slam straight man who come out and admit they like/love something that's admittingly outside of the target audience? This is sounding almost like how we treated homosexuality and civil rights years ago. Nowadays we're more accepting of it because society's changed. I just see this movement of the bronies as another change or development that society is going through. For better or for worse, I don't know, but I want to say good. I'm pretty sure 10-20 years, something like this or close to it will pop up again and maybe by then, people won't care as much and accept it for what it is. I'm just an outsider who wasn't even aware this was even happening days ago trying to make a point, and defending older fans of the show because I don't have a problem with it or the fans.

• Like 1

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Dec 3 2011, 07:24 AM)

Well it's alot easier to get away with when you're a girl. wink.gif

New episode today anyone?? biggrin.gif

Excited and skeptical. I'm not a fan of Rarity, but she gets some of the best episodes tongue.gif

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 3 2011, 04:47 AM)

Feels pretty good

goodpost.gif

Seriously, it's just a freakin' TV show. Honestly, I don't see how males being a fan of this is a huge stain on their manhood or society. It's more acceptable for people to come out gay, lesbian, or bi, but we slam straight man who come out and admit they like/love something that's admittingly outside of the target audience? This is sounding almost like how we treated homosexuality and civil rights years ago. Nowadays we're more accepting of it because society's changed. I just see this movement of the bronies as another change or development that society is going through. For better or for worse, I don't know, but I want to say good. I'm pretty sure 10-20 years, something like this or close to it will pop up again and maybe by then, people won't care as much and accept it for what it is. I'm just an outsider who wasn't even aware this was even happening days ago trying to make a point, and defending older fans of the show because I don't have a problem with it or the fans.

Really? Is it?

Don't be ridiculous. You can't even begin to compare the two.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 3 2011, 10:44 AM)

Feels pretty good

goodpost.gif

Really? Is it?

I can. People are discriminated against and hated because of sheer fanhood. I've seen horrible things said and even created about bronies, I've seen a lot of hate just because a person likes a show; I myself have taken lots of it.

He's saying it's a group of people who aren't "normal," as people like you like to define "normality," (which is a sick game, I might add) and therefore people come under fire for it.

Did people not come under hate for being black?

They did.

Do bronies not come under attack for liking My Little Pony and being men?

They do.

There's a comparison right there, and don't tell me it's invalid. Why don't you look up comparison before you argue any further and make stupid statements.

They're not the same in magnitude, but they're similar.

Why don't you leave this thread if you're just going to hate on it?

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Dec 3 2011, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 3 2011, 10:44 AM)

Feels pretty good

goodpost.gif

Really? Is it?

I can. People are discriminated against and hated because of sheer fanhood. I've seen horrible things said and even created about bronies, I've seen a lot of hate just because a person likes a show; I myself have taken lots of it.

He's saying it's a group of people who aren't "normal," as people like you like to define "normality," (which is a sick game, I might add) and therefore people come under fire for it.

They did.

They do.

There's a comparison right there, and don't tell me it's invalid. Why don't you look up comparison before you argue any further and make stupid statements.

They're not the same in magnitude, but they're similar.

Why don't you leave this thread if you're just going to hate on it?

Oh my.

They did.

They do.

You clearly do not understand the difference between what is a choice and what is not a choice. Look it up before making any other "comparisons" (if you can even call it that).

Do you have the right to like a children's show? Yes. Do I have the right to express my thoughts on it? Yes. Do you have the right to try and compare it to actual, real prejudices? Yes, but it is an insult to those who were actually discriminated against. You aren't being restricted to going to certain schools. You aren't not allowed to drink from certain water fountains. You come under fire for liking something that society deems ridiculous. If you can't understand why that happens then maybe you need to study human social behavior.

Oh, and I did look up "comparison" by the way.

Comparison- A likening; illustration by similitude; comparative estimate or statement.

You can't compare apples to oranges, no matter how much you know about fruit.

Edited by An Enemy Without

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 3 2011, 09:44 AM)

Feels pretty good

goodpost.gif

Really? Is it?

laugh.gif I agree that the comparison is just a tiiisshhh melodramatic. I get humorously teased occasionally, but most people really don't care, or even find it amusing. The cases I've heard of outright brony abuse have been few and far between.

There are things like this, but I haven't seen any other stories like this and it may be fabricated.

But, on the other hoof ( unsure.gif ), I don't see any reason for bronies to have to defend themselves.