"...Famous Last Words..." Supertramp

RUSHHEAD666

I love beating a dead horse too but if you look at the Supertramp album cover you can tell that DT stole the idea.

The scissors are at the exact same spot where on the DT cover shows the rope splitting apart.

SUPERTRAMP:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/pr...ie=UTF8&index=0

DREAM THEATER:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DTOE_DT.jpg

It's time for many of you East Coasters to wake up and have some "Breakfast In America."

Supertramp is a great band.

If you don't agree with me than it's the "Crime Of The Century."

GO BACK TO "SCHOOL" FOOLS!

1022.gif

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Its all been done before, Earl.

and when Dream Theater does it...its better. cool10.gif

The sun will come out, tomorrow

Bet your bottom line that tomorrow

Dream Theater will still rock! th1245.gif

QUOTE (Harperspace @ Sep 14 2011, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Sep 14 2011, 07:14 AM)
Dream Theater is soooo good, they blow my mind!!!!

I 100% AGREE!!!!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Fixed that for you! trink39.gif

"It's raining again, oh my heart will never mend...come on you little fighter, no need to get uptighter...." - Supertramp, 1982

Ha...I guess I can kind of see it, but I don't think it was copied. (I love the DT cover).

For me, the one album cover (the concept anyways) that seems to be a rip-off is Aerosmith's 'Devil's Got a New Disguise'...which from the first time I saw it, immediately reminded me of Def Leppard's 'Retro Active'.

DEVIL'S GOT A NEW DISGUISE

RETRO ACTIVE

I recently found out that Pete Townshend had written another rock opera about a futuristic society where music was banned. Hmmmmm, sounds familiar doesn't it? Except Pete's opera was written in 1970 and would eventually become "Who's Next".

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 14 2011, 05:59 AM)
Get it a rest Earl. We all know you hate DT.

Hey Gomps! I wouldn't go that far!! I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with Dream Theater.

It's like falling in love with a hot chick, but then you find out she has a dick.

It's a heartbreaker dude. I was so in love with DT, but eventually I got bored with them. Life goes on.

Of course the guys in DT are talented, but lately their talents don't stimulate me like they do you and other fans like Tick.

I'm glad you still love this band, but to my ears they just keep reinventing themselves from their old tired selves. Over and over and over again. Same old same old. I was hoping the new Mike was going to add a spark to the new record. NOT.

They are the AC/DC of progressive rock.

JMO

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Sep 14 2011, 08:45 AM)
Ha...I guess I can kind of see it, but I don't think it was copied. (I love the DT cover).

For me, the one album cover (the concept anyways) that seems to be a rip-off is Aerosmith's 'Devil's Got a New Disguise'...which from the first time I saw it, immediately reminded me of Def Leppard's 'Retro Active'.

RETRO ACTIVE

Hey ED!

I totally agree!!

Well spotted.

Interesting to note that both of those albums contain previously released material.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 14 2011, 01:09 PM)
I recently found out that Pete Townshend had written another rock opera about a futuristic society where music was banned. Hmmmmm, sounds familiar doesn't it? Except Pete's opera was written in 1970 and would eventually become "Who's Next".

Hey Tree!

And don't forget about Pete ripping off the Lifehouse material and the Who's Next material when he made the epic solo album "PSYCHODERELICT!"

I love that record.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 15 2011, 12:35 AM)

RETRO ACTIVE

Hey ED!

I totally agree!!

Well spotted.

Interesting to note that both of those albums contain previously released material.

I wonder if Emotion Detector really is called ED! ohmy.gif

Emotion "Eddie" Detector!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 10:39 PM)

RETRO ACTIVE

Hey ED!

I totally agree!!

Well spotted.

HAHAHA!!

Fast EDdie Clarke would be proud!!

You know I love giving it to all of these Dream Theater Worshippers the "FASTWAY!!"

Signed,

"TRICK OR TREAT" laugh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 15 2011, 12:43 AM)

RETRO ACTIVE

Hey ED!

I totally agree!!

Well spotted.

HAHAHA!!

You know I love giving it to all of these Dream Theater Worshippers the "FASTWAY!!"

Signed,

Will Mr Mike Porkbelly ever return to DT? I bet in the future they do an Iron Maiden and have two drummers and allow Derek Sherinian in for a while to have two keyboard players!

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 10:47 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 15 2011, 12:43 AM)

RETRO ACTIVE

Hey ED!

I totally agree!!

Well spotted.

HAHAHA!!

Signed,

Will Mr Mike Porkbelly ever return to DT? I bet in the future they do an Iron Maiden and have two drummers and allow Derek Sherinian in for a while to have two keyboard players!

ohmy.gif

Hahahaha!! I can see that happening Pat, as long as they don't do a fuckking three guitar, three bass, three keyboard three drummer band like the three six string slingers in Maiden!!!

Killing me. Iron Maiden only needs Murray and Smith!! LAME!!

Anyway it has just been announced on Mike Portnoy's Website!!!

Check it out!!

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/

If your eyes can actually read the fine white print on the cover page you will learn that Dream Theater has a big surprise for their 2012 tour!!!

Vocals:

James LaBrie

Charlie Dominici

Mike Portnoy (back up growling vocalist)

Guitars:

John Petrucci

Alex Lifeson

Steven Wilson

Basses:

John Myung (who will play the entire tour unplugged)

Stu Hamm

Steve Harris

Keyboards:

Kevin Moore

Derek Sherinian

Michael Egotistical Jordan Rudess

Drums

Mike Mangini

Mike Portnoy (on drum throne number one)

Mike Portnoy (on drum throne number two)

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 15 2011, 01:27 AM)
It's like falling in love with a hot chick, but then you find out she has a dick.

That was sick. 062802puke_prv.gif

Oh, and for the record, I really do not like BC&SL and SC at all. SFAM is lyrically contrived even though there is some good music. 'Home' is an outstanding song musically.

The new one though is really growing on me. There is something different about it I like.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 14 2011, 04:45 AM)
I love beating a dead horse too but if you look at the Supertramp album cover you can tell that DT stole the idea.

The scissors are at the exact same spot where on the DT cover shows the rope splitting apart.

SUPERTRAMP:

DREAM THEATER:

It's time for many of you East Coasters to wake up and have some "Breakfast In America."

1022.gif

this is actually old news but if you have not seen it yet check this out- http://www.amazon.com/First-Chapter-Circus...s/dp/B0009ML238

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 15 2011, 05:34 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 15 2011, 01:27 AM)

That was sick. 062802puke_prv.gif

Oh, and for the record, I really do not like BC&SL and SC at all. SFAM is lyrically contrived even though there is some good music. 'Home' is an outstanding song musically.

The new one though is really growing on me. There is something different about it I like.

Sorry for making you sick buddy! laugh.gif

We all just have different opinions about music and especially DT.

I really liked BC&SL!

This new one just doesn't grab me man. I will give it another spin tonight.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 15 2011, 06:35 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 14 2011, 04:45 AM)

SUPERTRAMP:

DREAM THEATER:

1022.gif

this is actually old news but if you have not seen it yet check this out- http://www.amazon.com/First-Chapter-Circus...s/dp/B0009ML238

Hey Tang!

Good one dude, and yes I own that record. A very good band!!!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 15 2011, 01:39 AM)

RETRO ACTIVE

Hey ED!

I totally agree!!

Well spotted.

laugh.gif

That would be pretty funny...and ironic!

But alas, it is not.

Signed,

Emotion 'Tony' Detector wink.gif