VERY surreal moment tonight

presto123

May be a stretch here but earlier this year, Mark Twain's novel "Huckleberry Finn" was being re-released with the word "slave" in place of the "N" word Twain originally used. I was driving and listening to a talk show discussion about the whole thing and during a commercial I flipped to the classic rock station. You probably guessed it-They were just starting a "block" of Rush with Tom Sawyer as the first track. I giggled at the whole thing but maybe some of you are right-RUSH works in mysterious ways.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 12 2011, 05:31 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2011, 09:56 AM)
I had a VERY surreal moment last night too, I was listening to Vapor Trails and suddenly this balding old hippy popped out in front of me and shouted "Rushgoober here, turn that off immediately!"

tongue.gif

That's not surreal. That's horrible.....very Twin Peaks....was he saying it backwards?

Backwards while speaking in tongues in ancient Arabic with a Greek accent...

wacko.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 12 2011, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 12 2011, 07:31 PM)
I had a VERY surreal moment last night too, I was listening to Vapor Trails and suddenly this balding old hippy popped out in front of me and shouted "Rushgoober here, turn that off immediately!"

tongue.gif

That's not surreal. That's horrible.....very Twin Peaks....was he saying it backwards?

The horrible Twin Peaks version would be if the balding hippy were repeatedly saying that while popping out of a jack-in-the-box. Also, in the background, a midget-sized version of Cosy Toes would be riding a unicycle while smoking a slimy bratwurst.

Aye...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Sep 12 2011, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 12 2011, 05:56 AM)

tongue.gif

Why were you listening to Vapor Trails? unsure.gif

tongue.gif

moon.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 12 2011, 03:31 AM)

tongue.gif

rofl3.gif

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley2285.gif

This afternoon I was walking home after work listening to GUP. I had just finshed listening to "Red Sector A". When I got indoors Gilby, who had had a couple of days off coz he'd fallen and hurt his back, was watching a DVD. The movie was called "Defiance" which is about Jews in Belarus during the German invasion in WWII. Edited by LyndseyG

About 5 minutes after I read this thread, 5:01pm EDT today, our secretary was forwarding a call to me and I was blowing it off. She stomped into my door and told me to pick up the phone, it was a lady asking for an estimate. I was being a pill, but I picked up the call. She wanted a Land Survey for a parcel in Richfield Twp, MI. I got the info from her, searched the address and the lot is in a plat called "Supervisor's Plat of Pratt Acres". How about that!?!? 2.gif Edited by vprtrls

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Sep 13 2011, 04:29 PM)
About 5 minutes after I read this thread, 5:01pm EDT today, our secretary was forwarding a call to me and I was blowing it off. She stomped into my door and told me to pick up the phone, it was a lady asking for an estimate. I was being a pill, but I picked up the call. She wanted a Land Survey for a parcel in Richfield Twp, MI. I got the info from her, searched the address and the lot is in a plat called "Supervisor's Plat of Pratt Acres". How about that!?!? 2.gif

I told you Rush works in mysterious ways. A lot of these stories would kind of relate to Police's song Synchronicity.