How many of you bass players have a Geddy J?

rkd

Anybody else have Geddy's Signature series Jazz Bass? I was lucky enough to find one gently/moderatly used on ebay for about $530 653.gif . This is my first bass (I've been playing guitar for a year though) and although I have little to compare it too, it is one incredibly sweet bass. I have a pretty basic beginner set up but you can still here a little bit of that oh so sweet Geddy jazz sound. Plus the ultra thin neck is extremely comfortable.

GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ May 16 2005, 01:57 PM)
That's a bit out of my price so I've had to content myself with a Squier Jazz, and I'm pretty content with that.

Still waiting for mine to be delivered, it is on back order sad.gif been waiting for a while. I am just begining, what do you like specificaly about yours.

troutman trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ May 16 2005, 07:40 PM)
That's a bit out of my price so I've had to content myself with a Squier Jazz, and I'm pretty content with that.

Still waiting for mine to be delivered, it is on back order sad.gif been waiting for a while. I am just begining, what do you like specificaly about yours.

troutman trink39.gif

The ultra thin neck especially, also it looks flipping sweet new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . You can get a sweet ghost rider tone by turning the tone knob almost all the way down and turning the bridge pickup down a littttle bit. I also recommend (at least with my amp, a SWR LA-10) turning the bass and trebel up almost/all the way and the mid somewhere between 2-6. Well worth the money, and if theres a fire I'm grabbing it tongue.gif

Mmmnmm... Geddy Lee Jazz Bass wub.gif wub.gif

http://www.onstage.metallus.it/FotoProdotto/1038.jpg

http://www.station-music.de/images/bass/instrumente/b0174.jpg

QUOTE (rkd @ May 16 2005, 08:54 PM)

troutman trink39.gif

The ultra thin neck especially, also it looks flipping sweet new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . You can get a sweet ghost rider tone by turning the tone knob almost all the way down and turning the bridge pickup down a littttle bit. I also recommend (at least with my amp, a SWR LA-10) turning the bass and trebel up almost/all the way and the mid somewhere between 2-6. Well worth the money, and if theres a fire I'm grabbing it tongue.gif

http://www.onstage.metallus.it/FotoProdotto/1038.jpg

http://www.station-music.de/images/bass/instrumente/b0174.jpg

Sweeeeet wub.gif Thanks for the info. I just wish mine would get here so I can at least try to learn how to play. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ May 16 2005, 09:16 PM)

troutman trink39.gif

Sweeeeet wub.gif Thanks for the info. I just wish mine would get here so I can at least try to learn how to play. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Its not that hard... do you play guitar? If so learning bass is a breeze... its just you gotta get used to finger-picking (you can NOT use a pick and hope to get the Geddy tone.. no way Jose!). If you cant get the sound at first try picking with your fingers underneath the string a little and then when you release it snaps down and gives it the punchy zing Geddy gets

QUOTE (rkd @ May 16 2005, 09:23 PM)

troutman trink39.gif

Its not that hard... do you play guitar? If so learning bass is a breeze... its just you gotta get used to finger-picking (you can NOT use a pick and hope to get the Geddy tone.. no way Jose!). If you cant get the sound at first try picking with your fingers underneath the string a little and then when you release it snaps down and gives it the punchy zing Geddy gets

Hey, no I don't play guitar. "been there tried that" not gonna happen. But I have alway's wub.gif the Bass guitar more anyway. Thanks again for the info. that will help me out. The reason I haven't received it yet is because I am left handed so it had to back ordered.

QUOTE (troutman @ May 16 2005, 09:42 PM)

troutman trink39.gif

Hey, no I don't play guitar. "been there tried that" not gonna happen. But I have alway's wub.gif the Bass guitar more anyway. Thanks again for the info. that will help me out. The reason I haven't received it yet is because I am left handed so it had to back ordered.

Hey, just got an e-mail from the shipper. The Bass will be here by friday at the latest new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ May 17 2005, 12:47 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ May 16 2005, 09:42 PM)

troutman trink39.gif

Hey, just got an e-mail from the shipper. The Bass will be here by friday at the latest new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Hey, look what just showed up at the front door 653.gif Wish me luck laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMGP0136.jpg

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ May 19 2005, 12:44 PM)
That's a sharp lookin' bass. GeddyFinal.gif

Yup... I hope you know that that's not a Geddy Lee Jazz bass trout unsure.gif

It looks like a P-bass (percussion bass)... but I don't think they make lefty Geddy's though but I dont know..

Good luck! You can find the notes for songs on bass tablature sites, I recommend learning 2112 first 1022.gif

QUOTE (rkd @ May 19 2005, 12:47 PM)

It looks like a P-bass (percussion bass)... but I don't think they make lefty Geddy's though but I dont know..

Good luck! You can find the notes for songs on bass tablature sites, I recommend learning 2112 first 1022.gif

Thanks, I know it isn't a Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, but for now it will have to do. Actually I am kind of regretting getting the Left handed one. I feel comfortable playing either way but have just come to realize I should have gotten it in the right handed model sad.gif Oh well, thanks for the info. I will check it out.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rkd @ May 19 2005, 01:47 PM)

You mean Precision Bass. tongue.gif

cool.gif I just purchased my Signature Series Bass Last Week. This thing is a serious hot rod!

Should be hearing from City Codes soon on violation of Noise Abatement Law!!! Straight out

of the box, this is one fine instrument.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 21 2005, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE (rkd @ May 19 2005, 01:47 PM)

You mean Precision Bass. tongue.gif

oops.gif

I was hoping it would slide and noone would notice tongue.gif

Hello to all smile.gif

Well I was just cruisin' around this site, and had to inform everyone of my recent GOOD LUCK!!! I have been an employee of Guitar Center for a year now, here in Austin Texas. The ultimate advantage of this - discounts!!

Just last friday (july 8th) I put this lovely piece of musical equipment on layaway, something by the name of a ......Geddy Lee Fender Jazz Bass smile.gif

With tax and all (and my employee discount) , I'll pay $557.50. I'd be insane not to purchase it!!!!

Who agrees?????!!!!!!!

Yes....

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/187/9/3/Did_I_Have_A_Dream_____by_LakesideMaiden.jpg

Yes I do....and I love it...love it...love it....sigh wub.gif

QUOTE (Lerxst @ Jul 6 2005, 07:39 PM)
Those of you who actually own a genuine Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, what kind of finish is on the neck? Gloss or satin?

Gloss...it was done just like his Ric was done wub.gif .....

QUOTE (cygnalschick@ya @ Jul 11 2005, 02:31 AM)
Hello to all smile.gif
Well I was just cruisin' around this site, and had to inform everyone of my recent GOOD LUCK!!! I have been an employee of Guitar Center for a year now, here in Austin Texas. The ultimate advantage of this - discounts!!

Just last friday (july 8th) I put this lovely piece of musical equipment on layaway, something by the name of a ......Geddy Lee Fender Jazz Bass smile.gif

With tax and all (and my employee discount) , I'll pay $557.50. I'd be insane not to purchase it!!!!

Who agrees?????!!!!!!!

NICE!!! I work at 552 in Natick girl! Woo-hoo! I paid 5% below GLP on mine but got in on the 15 months no interest no payments on the GC card thanks to my MGR and District MGR before the sale ran out biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2005, 05:42 PM)
Hello to all smile.gif
Well I was just cruisin' around this site, and had to inform everyone of my recent GOOD LUCK!!! I have been an employee of Guitar Center for a year now, here in Austin Texas.  The ultimate advantage of this - discounts!!

Who agrees?????!!!!!!!

NICE!!! I work at 552 in Natick girl! Woo-hoo! I paid 5% below GLP on mine but got in on the 15 months no interest no payments on the GC card thanks to my MGR and District MGR before the sale ran out biggrin.gif

Lucky..... mad.gif

laugh.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 13 2005, 07:44 PM)
Hello to all smile.gif
Well I was just cruisin' around this site, and had to inform everyone of my recent GOOD LUCK!!! I have been an employee of Guitar Center for a year now, here in Austin Texas.  The ultimate advantage of this - discounts!!

Who agrees?????!!!!!!!

Lucky..... mad.gif

laugh.gif cool.gif

LOL well, when we finally get together I'll letcha play it... biggrin.gif Hey, learned a few -songs the other day too biggrin.gif woo hoo!!! common001.gif chickendance.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jul 13 2005, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jul 13 2005, 07:44 PM)
Hello to all smile.gif

Who agrees?????!!!!!!!

Lucky..... mad.gif

laugh.gif cool.gif

LOL well, when we finally get together I'll letcha play it... biggrin.gif Hey, learned a few -songs the other day too biggrin.gif woo hoo!!! common001.gif chickendance.gif

YEEHAW!!!!! cool!!! biggrin.gif

Sorry about the cowboy lang everyone...stampede fever has GOT to me!!! trink39.gif