The Buffalo Bills Appreciation thread 2011-12

Draco

QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 12 2011, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 12 2011, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 12 2011, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 12 2011, 11:17 AM)
Bills trade Lee Evans to Baltimore for a 4th round pick facepalm.gif

Exactly. WTF???

Looks like they have already given up on the 2011-12 season yes.gif

They could have at least waited til the trade deadline or something when it was obvious that they aren't gonna make the playoffs laugh.gif

Good point!

The Bills are in hard competition with the Redskins, Bengals, 49ers and Dolphins in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2011, 11:39 AM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 12 2011, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 12 2011, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 12 2011, 02:19 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 12 2011, 11:17 AM)
Bills trade Lee Evans to Baltimore for a 4th round pick facepalm.gif

Exactly. WTF???

Looks like they have already given up on the 2011-12 season yes.gif

They could have at least waited til the trade deadline or something when it was obvious that they aren't gonna make the playoffs laugh.gif

Good point!

The Bills are in hard competition with the Redskins, Bengals, 49ers and Dolphins in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes...

Living so close to Stanford as I do, Luck gets a lot of publicity around here. Just seeing some of the video from the Cardinal practices, he's someone I would certainly love to have.

9 snaps, 2 sacks. Merriman looked great. The rest of the defense against the NFC Runners up looked good. I know, preseason and all that, but I'm pleased with what I saw.

QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 14 2011, 02:22 PM)
9 snaps, 2 sacks. Merriman looked great. The rest of the defense against the NFC Runners up looked good. I know, preseason and all that, but I'm pleased with what I saw.

The Bills defense looks good, but they have no offense and they just let their best receiver go. You can't win if you can't score points.

The Bears have the worst offensive line in the NFL...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2011, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 14 2011, 02:22 PM)
9 snaps, 2 sacks.  Merriman looked great.  The rest of the defense against the NFC Runners up looked good.  I know, preseason and all that, but I'm pleased with what I saw.

The Bills defense looks good, but they have no offense and they just let their best receiver go. You can't win if you can't score points.

The Bears have the worst offensive line in the NFL...

I wouldn't sell Fitzpatrick, Spiller, et. al. short. No. They're not going to light up the scoreboard, but they will be very efficient in the short passing game. Lee Evans was their best receiver, but the Bills have capable receivers on the roster. Call it "receiver by committee" rather than just relying on one big threat.

The Bears might have the worst offensive line in the NFL, but they averaged 30 plus points a game their last 3 games of last year. Overall, a solid effort by the Bills.

You can't read too much into preseason games. The best example of that is that the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, and then went 0-16 in the regular season.

I kind of wish you could, seeing as my Dolphins beat the team with the best regular season record in the NFC last year, the Falcons, 28-23, and Browns fans would I'm sure based on their defeat of the defending Super Bowl champions, but there really is no correlation...the only really important things that happen in the preseason are injuries.

The Bills are one of 3 teams the N.F.L. is looking to ship to L.A. I don't think that is going to sit well with some people laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 24 2011, 01:30 PM)
The Bills are one of 3 teams the N.F.L. is looking to ship to L.A. I don't think that is going to sit well with some people laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Wow Metaldad is in the thread now, now we really have the sports authority with us, praise to baby Jesus!!

eyesre4.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 24 2011, 11:30 AM)

They'll be the Toronto Bills before they're the L.A. Bills. wink.gif

I've been a bad fan. I haven't seen the last two games. I'll be watching the replay tonight of the Bills/Lions game, and will be front and center on my computer come a week for now.

Here's the Bills 53 man roster, before any possible changes/signings:

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

RB (3): Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Johnny White

FB (1): Corey McIntyre

WR (6): Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Marcus Easley, Ruvell Martin

TE (3): Scott Chandler, David Martin, Zack Pianalto

OT (3): Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston

OG (4): Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Chad Rinehart, Colin Brown

C (1): Eric Wood

DE (4): Marcell Dareus, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Kellen Heard

NT (2): Kyle Williams, Torell Troup

OLB (5): Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Alex Carrington, Danny Batten, Robert Eddins

ILB (6): Nick Barnett, Andra Davis, Kirk Morrison, Kelvin Sheppard, Arthur Moats, Chris White

CB (5): Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams, Justin Rogers

S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da'Norris Searcy

K (1): Rian Lindell

P (1): Brian Moorman

LS (1): Garrison Sanborn

Thanks duck!

Bills also picked up TE Lee Smith off of waivers from the Patriots, and signed the following to the practice squad. Levi Brown is going to be a perennial practice squad player!

WR Kamar Aiken

QB Levi Brown

TE Mike Caussin

DE Lionel Dotson

NT Michael Jasper

DB Joshua Nesbitt

C Michael Switzer

After watching the first half of the game yesterday (my roommate snagged the remote and watched some sci-fi movie wacko.gif ), all I have to say is that Merriman looks ready! I'm excited to see what happens, and if he can stay healthy, he is going to make the defense pretty darn good.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 4 2011, 03:07 AM)
Here's the Bills 53 man roster, before any possible changes/signings:

QB (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith
RB (3): Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Johnny White
FB (1): Corey McIntyre
WR (6): Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Marcus Easley, Ruvell Martin
TE (3): Scott Chandler, David Martin, Zack Pianalto
OT (3): Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston
OG (4): Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Chad Rinehart, Colin Brown
C (1): Eric Wood
DE (4): Marcell Dareus, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Kellen Heard
NT (2): Kyle Williams, Torell Troup
OLB (5): Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Alex Carrington, Danny Batten, Robert Eddins
ILB (6): Nick Barnett, Andra Davis, Kirk Morrison, Kelvin Sheppard, Arthur Moats, Chris White
CB (5): Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams, Justin Rogers
S (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da'Norris Searcy
K (1): Rian Lindell
P (1): Brian Moorman
LS (1): Garrison Sanborn

MVP?

Brian Moorman yes.gif