Pesto

My basil plant in the garden is going nuts - time to make some pesto!

I know the green color is a turnoff for many folks, but I love the taste. Very fresh.

Dunno how you make it, but mine is pretty simple (I don't measure anything, just add till it tastes good:

Basil

Parmesan and Romano cheese

TOASTED pine nuts

Roasted garlic

Italian Parsley

Lemon juice

Olive Oil

throw it into a food processor until smooth. I then take the noodles out of the put and saute until the water is pretty much gone... then add the pesto. I usually pair it with grilled chicken.

I make my own, too. Pretty much like yours. I also make a sun-dried tomato pesto. Just add sun-dried tomatoes to the basic basil pesto.

My husband likes Thai so I tried making him a "pesto" for his noodles: Thai Basil, peanuts, garlic, chili, sesame oil. He loves it!

Edited by HowItIs

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/cover_4411713320091-1.jpg

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jul 19 2011, 02:42 AM)
I make my own, too. Pretty much like yours. I also make a sun-dried tomato pesto. Just add sun-dried tomatoes to the basic basil pesto.

My husband likes Thai so I tried making him a "pesto" for his noodles: Thai Basil, peanuts, garlic, chili, sesame oil. He loves it!

yes.gif

I also like mixing it with traditional red sauce. Last night I made some fried ravioli and it was ok with pesto (the pesto didn't grab hold like it does with regular noodles) but once I added some red sauce, it became awesome!!

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 19 2011, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jul 19 2011, 02:42 AM)

yes.gif

I also like mixing it with traditional red sauce. Last night I made some fried ravioli and it was ok with pesto (the pesto didn't grab hold like it does with regular noodles) but once I added some red sauce, it became awesome!!

Yeah, pesto doesn't play well with pasta that has a large surface area. I've added it to Alfredo sauce, too. Man, is THAT good!