Time Machine DVD?

Broncos730

QUOTE (rocketom @ Aug 5 2011, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Aug 4 2011, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (rtrushfan @ Aug 4 2011, 07:53 PM)
Bonus Features
Alternative ending for The Real History Of Rush: Episode 2
Outtakes from History Of Rush: Episodes 2 & 17
Outtakes from I Still Love You Man
Live from Laura Secord Secondary School (full clip from BLTS)
Live from Passaic, NJ (full clip from BLTS)

This is from amazon.co.uk's Time Machine Blu-Ray page. Looks pretty good. Is the NJ footage the "2112" B&W footage?

Yep, the NJ footage is the one from BTLS....I actually live a few minutes away from Passaic where the footage was shot...the venue got torn down a few years ago if I remember correctly.

This looks to be promising bonus features...especially the full Laura Secord Secondary School show....although I wish they included more footage from other tours from the late 70s, 80s and 90s....

If the Running time of the dvd is 164 minutes, it probably wont be the whole show from the School.

the 164 minutes is only for the main show in Cleveland. They don't count the extra.

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Aug 8 2011, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (Citizen of the World @ Aug 7 2011, 08:30 PM)
The Time Machine Tour Blu-ray is now available for order at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005D0RDKW?tag=estengercom-20

Run Time: 60 min. - ???

It's frequent that this information is wrong when it's a pre-order item. It means they don't have the information yet. I am sure it's going to be on at least 2 dvd, so the main show with extras, that will come up to about 250 minutes...

Edited by RUDT

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 8 2011, 10:29 AM)
It's frequent that this information is wrong when it's a pre-order item. It means they don't have the information yet.

I hope it's for the same reason they talk about a zone 1 DVD.

All the others ("Beyond..." included) were worldwilde.

Edited by tontonfranck

I love Amazon and have always had great service from them but anyone who uses their prerelease info as some sort of official news is going to be hopelessly lost. That's why the whole idea of the disc being "delayed" from September to October is bogus. Amazon commonly puts up vague info early and continually refines it. It's nothing but a best guess early on. That's the same reason they put in generic boilerplate running times so often. They don't actually know anything, they simply want people to be able to preorder it as soon as possible. I wouldn't be totally shocked by a late October release date but I wouldn't even put too much weight in that until we see an actual press release. The fact that more info with the running time and extras was added makes it seem legit though. This whole "moving release date" thing happens all the time. I'm surprised so many get tricked by it over and over. If you asked the guys making it why it was delayed they'd probably look at you like you were crazy and say "What are you talking about? We haven't even given an initial date yet!"

I don't know what to make of the extras. Sadly, even Rush's official press releases in the past have been sloppy at times. The Rio dvd press release promoted the 1975 Anthem video as "live" when it was simply the mimed video and the R30 dvd interview footage descriptions were all messed up.

"full clip from BTLS" - I just don't know what that means. Obviously I know what people here hope it means, that the full Passaic and Laura Secord shows will be there. But "full clip" is like saying "complete snippet". I also don't understand why they would bother saying "from BTLS" unless they were literally taking extracts from what we already have in order to cross promote. That may sound stupid but that's exactly what was done on BTLS when they put clips on there from the S&A and R30 dvd/blurays.

I say we just wait for official news and hope that it's clearer. Which it probably won't be. laugh.gif

Either way I'm really looking forward to this, Neil's upcoming dvd, and hopefully CA soon.

Just wanted to add (as if I didn't already write too much as it is), that if I could ask Scott and Sam 2 questions they would be "Is the Laura Secord show complete and how long is it?" and "Where the hell did you get the brief color footage that's in the doc of Rush playing Finding My Way around what looks to be 1976 or 1977 and how much more is there of that?" The quality looks amazing and it's something completely unknown in trader circles.

For the record I do think that the most likely outcome of the bonus footage is that we'll get 1 or 2 more songs from each of those shows but I won't be surprised if that's wrong.

Ok, now I'm done. smile.gif

Edited by snowdog2112

The pre-order page on Amazon does not have that artwork and it doesn't look terribly authentic, but it will probably be close to that. The tour book cover looks just like that. Amazon does have the cover for the new NP dvd up:

http://www.amazon.com/Neil-Peart-Taking-Ce...ef=pd_sim_mov_1

Looks cool.