The Boston Trilogy Of Greatness Poll

Which Boston Of Of The First Three Do You Love The Most?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Boston Of Of The First Three Do You Love The Most?

• Boston S/T
    • "Don't Look Back"
    • "Third Stage"
    • I don't consider the first three great, "Walk On" for me!
    • I don't like the first four albums, "Corporate America" rules!
    • This band sucks I love the Boston Red Sox!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 7 2011, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 7 2011, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 6 2011, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 7 2011, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 6 2011, 09:57 PM)
The first 3 albums are great but the debut is perfect. Walk On is decent and Corporate America sucks. I went with the debut because I will never get sick of those songs, no matter how overplayed they are.

I totally agree. I could listen to the first album forever.

It never gets old.

For me I feel the same way about "Third Stage."

I love "Don't Look Back" too but for me "Third Stage" is better.

Saying that I have to go "Against The Grain" and not choose the debut album.

Signed,

Rory Gallagher laugh.gif

Time for me to "Cool The Engines" and grab a beer! Cheers! trink39.gif

What do you think of the fourth album "Walk On" Earl?? It's pretty good.

Fran Cosmo takes on vocal duties, but I know a better album featuring Fran, remember Orion the Hunter? That was a pretty good album too, I think I've still got it on vinyl on Portrait records like Aldo Nova used to be...(in the UK and Europe anyway).

Meanwhile, for me Boston is all about the first two albums, Third Stage is a bit weak to my ears...

Yeah Pat, I do like "Walk On." I have the Orion The Hunter cd as well.

"Corporate America" is corporate crap. I saw that tour too and it sucked.

Tom's girlfriend was on the bass and they liked to talk about how they don't eat animals.

I hate that activist shit in my rock 'n roll.

I saw Don Henley once and he was worst. The tool actually stopped the concert half way through and started rambling on about saving the redwoods.

Ridiculous.

Henley is a f***ing redwood!!

laugh.gif

Hahaha! No doubt dude. More like an old piece of driftwood that needs to go back out to sea never to return!

I'm done with that guy and The Egos, I mean Eagles too.

QUOTE (MCM @ Jul 7 2011, 06:49 PM)
I have to pick the first one, it's just pure magic, every second of it.. although the lyrics for Don't Look Back are fantastic. I remember waiting in line at at National Record Mart in Erie for Third Stage back in the day.

I saw Boston once many years ago, it was so long ago I don't really remember much about it, that makes me sad. I saw them a few years ago with Michael Sweet and "that other guy", it wasn't Delp's voice but it was a very good show. Michael Sweet is a true showman. That aside, that guitar sound of Scholz has not changed one bit over the years. Despite all the new players and the lack of Brad Delp, that guitar sound was exactly the same, and as good as it was in 1976.

For what it's worth, Third State was worth waiting in line for.

I own the other two, I've listened to one of them once or twice and the last one I haven't even opened yet even tho I've had it for years.

LOL MCM!

You have a sealed copy of "Corporate America!" You might as well just keep it sealed. I've done that too man. Hell I buy doubles of Japanese pressings just so I can open one and keep one sealed.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 7 2011, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 7 2011, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 7 2011, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 6 2011, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 7 2011, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jul 6 2011, 09:57 PM)
The first 3 albums are great but the debut is perfect. Walk On is decent and Corporate America sucks. I went with the debut because I will never get sick of those songs, no matter how overplayed they are.

I totally agree. I could listen to the first album forever.

It never gets old.

For me I feel the same way about "Third Stage."

I love "Don't Look Back" too but for me "Third Stage" is better.

Saying that I have to go "Against The Grain" and not choose the debut album.

Signed,

Rory Gallagher laugh.gif

Time for me to "Cool The Engines" and grab a beer! Cheers! trink39.gif

What do you think of the fourth album "Walk On" Earl?? It's pretty good.

Fran Cosmo takes on vocal duties, but I know a better album featuring Fran, remember Orion the Hunter? That was a pretty good album too, I think I've still got it on vinyl on Portrait records like Aldo Nova used to be...(in the UK and Europe anyway).

Meanwhile, for me Boston is all about the first two albums, Third Stage is a bit weak to my ears...

Yeah Pat, I do like "Walk On." I have the Orion The Hunter cd as well.

"Corporate America" is corporate crap. I saw that tour too and it sucked.

Tom's girlfriend was on the bass and they liked to talk about how they don't eat animals.

I hate that activist shit in my rock 'n roll.

I saw Don Henley once and he was worst. The tool actually stopped the concert half way through and started rambling on about saving the redwoods.

Ridiculous.

Henley is a f***ing redwood!!

laugh.gif

Hahaha! No doubt dude. More like an old piece of driftwood that needs to go back out to sea never to return!

I'm done with that guy and The Egos, I mean Eagles too.

laugh.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 7 2011, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Jul 7 2011, 06:49 PM)
I have to pick the first one, it's just pure magic, every second of it..  although the lyrics for Don't Look Back are fantastic.  I remember waiting in line at at National Record Mart in Erie for Third Stage back in the day.

I saw Boston once many years ago,  it was so long ago I don't really remember much about it, that makes me sad.  I saw them a few years ago with Michael Sweet and "that other guy", it wasn't Delp's voice but it was a very good show.  Michael Sweet is a true showman.  That aside, that guitar sound of Scholz has not changed one bit over the years.  Despite all the new players and the lack of Brad Delp, that guitar sound was exactly the same, and as good as it was in 1976.

For what it's worth, Third State was worth waiting in line for.

I own the other two, I've listened to one of them once or twice and the last one I haven't even opened yet even tho I've had it for years.

LOL MCM!

You have a sealed copy of "Corporate America!" You might as well just keep it sealed. I've done that too man. Hell I buy doubles of Japanese pressings just so I can open one and keep one sealed.

That will be my reason then, it's so good I'm keeping it unopened cause someday I'll sell it on ebay for thousands of dollars to finance a Rush road trip... rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Love the guitar sound on the track Don't Look Back. cool.gif This one of those bands that sounds good polished and produced. Period.