Pictures from Gibson, 6/20/11 LA

JH315

Thanks, Al. I almost only shoot in B&W. Every once in awhile I'll do a little color. Feel free to check out my other albums in there too. No more Rush, but lots of others: Metallica, Foo Fighters, U2, etc.

QUOTE (JH315 @ Jun 21 2011, 12:26 PM)
Thanks, Al. I almost only shoot in B&W. Every once in awhile I'll do a little color. Feel free to check out my other albums in there too. No more Rush, but lots of others: Metallica, Foo Fighters, U2, etc.

NICE! Saw some MUSE up there - what a phenomenal show those guys put on, huh? There are three bands I will drive a ways to see - RUSH and MUSE are two of them.

http://cdn.kissonline.com/non_secure/images/20110621/news/alextommy/medium.jpg

KISS lead guitarist Tommy Thayer paid a backstage visit to RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson at LA's Gibson Amphitheatre last night. Tommy and Alex are the only guitarists that have their own Signature model amplifiers with Hughes & Kettner. RUSH's "Time Machine" tour runs until July 2nd. KISS continues their "Hottest Show On Earth" North American tour this week on June 23rd in Everett, WA.

What time is the show tonight likely to get out? I'm trying to arrange a ride home. Will it be around 11?

11 sounds right. If I recall, last year, the guys were into their encore at about 10:35-10:40PM. I have been told the venue has an 11PM "curfew" anyway.

Just got back. This was maybe my seventh or eighth Rush concert. Geddy's voice on the opening song was not where it needed to be and I thought, uh-oh, maybe time had finally caught up with them, but after a few songs he was really great. The musicianship just keeps getting better and the concert was just fantastic. Alex was on fire during the encore. Witch Hunt was great as was Caravan. The crowd was on its feet all night and was really into it. Definitely the loudest Rush show I've ever been to audience wise. Can't wait to see them again (hopefully) next year.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 22 2011, 03:54 PM)
Nice pics JH315! Well done! How far back were you? Great view!

I was in middle Loge, Lyndsey. Have a great camera and used to shooting shows, so I was ready. smile.gif