2011 NHL Offseason

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 1 2011, 10:57 PM)
Big referendum happened today on Long Island about using the sale of bonds to finance a new Islanders rink. Could be the first step towards relocation if it fails...

I saw that there was a 5% turnout and that NO won 59-41%

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 1 2011, 10:18 PM)
Big referendum happened today on Long Island about using the sale of bonds to finance a new Islanders rink. Could be the first step towards relocation if it fails...

High taxes are a bitch... cheer.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Aug 1 2011, 07:18 PM)

5%? Wow. That's horrible.

Apparently Nassau County wouldn't allow some of the proposals that would have had Wang spending more of his own money? It's a weird story. It sucks that a franchise that has so much history might have to move, but there's no way taxpayer dollars should be funding things like this. The same debate is happening now in Edmonton and Quebec. Giving handouts to guys who can damn well afford to build the arenas themselves is shameful.

I wonder how Mike Milbury is feeling right now?

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 2 2011, 05:43 PM)
Kesler's out 10-12 weeks.

Might be a good opportunity to try Cody Hodgson in the top 6? Actually, since Raymond's out too, it would be kind of neat to throw Hansen, Hodgson, and Oreskovich on the second line for a few weeks to see what they can do in that role. The Canucks are always hot garbage at the start of the season, so if they flop it's not like anyone will notice.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 2 2011, 06:31 PM)

Might be a good opportunity to try Cody Hodgson in the top 6? Actually, since Raymond's out too, it would be kind of neat to throw Hansen, Hodgson, and Oreskovich on the second line for a few weeks to see what they can do in that role. The Canucks are always hot garbage at the start of the season, so if they flop it's not like anyone will notice.

You know I will notice tongue.gif

Hodgson will be traded along with Schiender this year. There's no way Schiender stays for another year when he can/basically proved he can start already.

Hodgson... There's no room for him at centre, and i don't think he can do well at wing, if Kesler's out maybe, but Porky Pig there (Vingeault) seems to have grudges against certain players.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 3 2011, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 2 2011, 06:31 PM)

You know I will notice tongue.gif

Hodgson will be traded along with Schiender this year. There's no way Schiender stays for another year when he can/basically proved he can start already.

Hodgson... There's no room for him at centre, and i don't think he can do well at wing, if Kesler's out maybe, but Porky Pig there (Vingeault) seems to have grudges against certain players.

I agree about Schneider. Trade him now before his contract expires next summer. Eddie Lack seems to be more than ready for an NHL backup gig, so it's not like they'd even need to find someone to replace him.

As for Hodgson...yeah, there's no room for him at centre right now, but what about in a few years when he's hitting his prime? The Canucks have lost a lot of prospect depth recently; if they keep it up they'll be looking like the Calgary Flames in a few years. Unless they flip him (plus others) for an elite winger that puts the Canucks over the top, I'd much rather they kept Hodgson around.

Patrick Sharp signs a 5 year extension with the Hawks! $5.9 million a year, as expected. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Also, Ray Emery is on a try-out basis with the Hawks. We need that protection in goal but I'm thinking Gerber would be a better choice...

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 3 2011, 03:40 PM)
Patrick Sharp signs a 5 year extension with the Hawks! $5.9 million a year, as expected. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Also, Ray Emery is on a try-out basis with the Hawks. We need that protection in goal but I'm thinking Gerber would be a better choice...

Good news indeed! 1022.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 3 2011, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Aug 3 2011, 03:40 PM)
Patrick Sharp signs a 5 year extension with the Hawks! $5.9 million a year, as expected.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  Also, Ray Emery is on a try-out basis with the Hawks. We need that protection in goal but I'm thinking Gerber would be a better choice...

Good news indeed! 1022.gif

bekloppt.gif , Jim! It won't be long before you'll be getting rid of that Donald Trump picture, wink.gif and replacing it with an Indianhead. common001.gif

QUOTE (KaoKun1990 @ Aug 8 2011, 02:14 PM)
1022.gif I LIVE!!! 1022.gif

And in a completely unrelated note: is anybody going to be doing Fantasy Hockey again this year? I know it's still a ways off, but I'd like to know now so I can start my research.

Holy shit, where have you been? laugh.gif trink39.gif

I'm curious about TRF fantasy hockey too. Never actually participated in a league before, but I figure I might as well give it a shot this time.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 8 2011, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (KaoKun1990 @ Aug 8 2011, 02:14 PM)
1022.gif I LIVE!!!  1022.gif

And in a completely unrelated note: is anybody going to be doing Fantasy Hockey again this year? I know it's still a ways off, but I'd like to know now so I can start my research.

Holy shit, where have you been? laugh.gif trink39.gif

I'm curious about TRF fantasy hockey too. Never actually participated in a league before, but I figure I might as well give it a shot this time.

I've been busy job hunting as well as clan duties on xbox live....when I've not been watching hockey and working, anyways. trink39.gif I missed having arguments with blackhawkrush when it came to the Canucks. You can only imagine how much I celebrated when Burrows exorcised all those demons. 653.gif

I was in the league last year, and it was a blast. My first year actually doing fantasy hockey and I came in second! Only lost by three goals though... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I'm pretty sure Der Trommler was the commish of the Fantasy Hockey league we were in...

Limey had one too i believe.

Maybe we can combine the two leagues this year yes.gif

I had a blast last year, I would love to do it again

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 9 2011, 05:06 PM)
Der Trommler's another MIA guy...I thought he'd drop in at least once to celebrate the Bruins' win. Weird. Hope he comes back soon, especially if he's running the league.

So should we send Limey a massive barrage of PMs and Facebook messages about this? tongue.gif

Well is anyone else interested in running a Fantasy Hockey League? Just as a backup in case we can't get a hold of Limey.