Never Knew That The Song "Motorhead" Was Written

RUSHHEAD666

I have tried to get into Hawkwind for decades but I just can't do it.

I've known that Lemmy was in Hawkwind before going off on his own into the greatness that is MOTORHEAD!

However I am currently listening to a Hawkwind compilation cd and the song "Motorhead" just played. Never knew it was a Hawkwind song first.

Anyway, do Rush fans dig Hawkwind?

I don't know a whole lot about Hawkwind, I don't think they were that popular here in America. The albums are hard to find. I do like some of the stuff I've found on Youtube, though.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 13 2011, 09:53 PM)
Same here- kinda liked Hawkwind in high school but never really got into them that much. Lemmy definitely made out in the end! 1022.gif

Indeed dude!! He was dealt the "ACE OF SPADES!"

Hope all is well!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2011, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 13 2011, 09:53 PM)
Same here- kinda liked Hawkwind in high school but never really got into them that much. Lemmy definitely made out in the end!  1022.gif

Indeed dude!! He was dealt the "ACE OF SPADES!"

Hope all is well!

trink39.gif

Doin' good bud! You've been away from here too long. Welcome back! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 13 2011, 11:06 PM)
Big Hawkwind & Motorhead fan here.

Hawkwind's early work is solid but the essential album for them, in my opinion, would be 1973's 'Space Ritual'.
Double-LP live album.....It is amazing.

Hey Rush!

I've heard of that live album but I don't own it. Guess I will pick it up!

Endless!

I knew a lot of people back in the day who swore by Hawkwind but I never really got into them. I like the idea of the band but every time I listened to their stuff I was very much underwhelmed...

I looked them up on Prog Archives a few weeks ago, toying with the idea of buying a few albums by them, but when I heard some of their stuff again I knew why I'd never got into them. The question I was asking was why are they even listed on prog archives, they sound like a spacey version of Status Quo to me, just chugga chugga rock n roll and not much else.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2011, 12:07 AM)
I knew a lot of people back in the day who swore by Hawkwind but I never really got into them. I like the idea of the band but every time I listened to their stuff I was very much underwhelmed...

I looked them up on Prog Archives a few weeks ago, toying with the idea of buying a few albums by them, but when I heard some of their stuff again I knew why I'd never got into them. The question I was asking was why are they even listed on prog archives, they sound like a spacey version of Status Quo to me, just chugga chugga rock n roll and not much else.

Damn Duck! We are interconnected musically!

I found a used Status Quo greatest hits cd over the weekend and I played it last night. Half way through it I thought that every song was the same.

Hawkwind is indeed a proggy trippy Status Quo. It drives me nuts!

Does Gary the Goober like this band?

I can only handle so much.

Sort of like Mike Portnoy's horrific vocals on a Dream Theater record. laugh.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2011, 02:17 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2011, 12:07 AM)

Damn Duck! We are interconnected musically!

I found a used Status Quo greatest hits cd over the weekend and I played it last night. Half way through it I thought that every song was the same.

Hawkwind is indeed a proggy trippy Status Quo. It drives me nuts!

Does Gary the Goober like this band?

I can only handle so much.

Sort of like Mike Portnoy's horrific vocals on a Dream Theater record. laugh.gif

No goober doesn't, in fact it's amazing how many "prog" bands that he doesn't like. I think any band that's too well known turns him off, goober only loves the esoteric and obscure, whether he likes them or not...

I did the Hawkwind bit too. Not really kept up with them since the early to mid 90's though.

I do love the 1980(?) album "levitation" which holds some great memories of festivals. Think the last album I got into by them was "electric teepee" from I think 92 which was a bit more towards the alternative club/dance sound we hearing at the whirligig raves.

Saw them a few times, always a good night apart the tour when Beautiful People supported doing the "if 60's were 90's" album. (Hendrix trancey dubby thing. Dated now but really cool at the time). Just such a hard one to follow as you knew what was getting with the Hawkwind.

I have mixed feelings about Hawkwind. Sometimes I find them very tedious but other times I get really lost in their music. "Chronicles of the Black Sword" was enjoyable & "Live Chronicles" was even better but I think my favourite album was the one they released as "The Hawklords".

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2011, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 13 2011, 11:06 PM)
Big Hawkwind & Motorhead fan here.

Hawkwind's early work is solid but the essential album for them, in my opinion, would be 1973's 'Space Ritual'.
Double-LP live album.....It is amazing.

Hey Rush!

I've heard of that live album but I don't own it. Guess I will pick it up!

Endless!

Yeah man I'd try it out...it's a bit long but maybe you'll get a kick out of it.

The 'interludes', although a bit corny, are pretty neat.

You'll hear what I mean if you get it.

Make sure, if you do choose to buy it, to get the newly remastered deluxe / special edition.

Expanded liner notes, band photos, and extra artwork (which is awesome to begin with).

Enjoy!

I'll have to check them out....I've heard that they were pretty spacey which seems like a pretty big departure for Lemmy and Motorhead?!?!

I was able to see Motorhead open for Ozzy on his first tour of the states (Randy Rhoads baby!) and they were LOUD! (but played their a$$es off!)

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 15 2011, 10:03 AM)
Not a huge fan, but I like Hawkwind. Every band needs a Stacia.

Too true