ITT we note the positives of Neil Peart

GeminiRising79

In regards to the drum solo--it's fine the way it is. The coolest part for me IS the electronic part. I've heard a million (crappy) drum solos from people just using the standard acoustic kit and there's only so much you can do before it gets boring. The electronic portion gives Neil a chance to bring in some fun and exciting sounds you would never hear anywhere else (just because it's not a standard kit doesn't mean it can't demonstrate the same percussiveness, it requires just as much skill). Plus, you can't tell me it's not awesome to see the drum kit spin around. The drum solo also gives Neil an opportunity to display his wonderful talent at the big band music that he's fond of--it's like his own little moment to do something just for him in the show.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Earthshine @ May 3 2011, 01:43 AM)
He is a great drummer with Rush.

With anyone else...that's questionable. Ask Steve Smith.

Yeah but Steve Smith played in Journey.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ May 3 2011, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ May 3 2011, 01:43 AM)
He is a great drummer with Rush.

With anyone else...that's questionable. Ask Steve Smith.

Yeah but Steve Smith played in Journey.

Plus:

Baird Hersey and The Year OF The Ear

Lin Biviano

Focus

Jean Luc Ponty

Montrose

Vital Information

Buddy's Buddie's

The Storm

Tony MacAlpine

Mike Mainieri's

Steps Ahead

Wadada Leo Smith

Tom Coster,

Ahmad Jamal

Dave Liebman

Larry Coryell

Victor Wooten

Mike Stern

Randy Brecker

Bill Evans

Steve Marcus

Andy Fusco

Kai Eckhardt

Lee Musiker

Howard Levy

Oteil Burbridge

Jerry Goodman

Bryan Adams

Neal Schon

Dweezil Zappa

Scott Henderson

Frank Gambale

Stuart Hamm

Dweezil Zappa

Anthony Jackson

Aydın Esen

Torsten de Winkel

George Brooks

Michael Zilber

Umm...just sayin'...

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 1 2011, 06:56 PM)
his S&A tour solo was pretty good... until he got to the electronic part where it sounds like he's banging on garbage cans. That sounded pretty horrible... a low point in Neil's drumming career.

I agree. That trash can shit sucked and I love Neil.

He really fukked that one up. Horrible.

Hey I forgot to tell you guys I was in Santa Barbara last week for Spring Break.

I knew that I was close to Neil's house even though he was on the road touring with the band. So what's the point to stalk him right?

Now I know he was married in Montecito Ca. which isn't too far to his home.

Wendy and I and our girls actually saw Carrie and Olivia at the local Peet's Coffee House with some strange man on April 26th. I was quite taken back so I had to pull over and ask for an autograph and say hello.

Carrie was very nice and Olivia warmed up quickly to my youngest daughter Skylar. She's 10.

Anyway I was able to get Olivia to sign her autograph on a kid's menu that was stashed in our SUV. It's priceless.

Olivia wrote, "Deare Skylar, niec to meat you. Luv, Oliva Purt"

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ May 4 2011, 04:31 AM)
QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 1 2011, 06:56 PM)
his S&A tour solo was pretty good... until he got to the electronic part where it sounds like he's banging on garbage cans. That sounded pretty horrible... a low point in Neil's drumming career.

I agree. That trash can shit sucked and I love Neil.

He really fukked that one up. Horrible.

Hey I forgot to tell you guys I was in Santa Barbara last week for Spring Break.

I knew that I was close to Neil's house even though he was on the road touring with the band. So what's the point to stalk him right?

Now I know he was married in Montecito Ca. which isn't too far to his home.

Wendy and I and our girls actually saw Carrie and Olivia at the local Peet's Coffee House with some strange man on April 26th. I was quite taken back so I had to pull over and ask for an autograph and say hello.

Carrie was very nice and Olivia warmed up quickly to my youngest daughter Skylar. She's 10.

Anyway I was able to get Olivia to sign her autograph on a kid's menu that was stashed in our SUV. It's priceless.

Olivia wrote, "Deare Skylar, niec to meat you. Luv, Oliva Purt"

did you ask Olivia if she believes in God?

Archived