here again

tel

just played the debut album "rush" for the first time in years and was surprised to find i enjoyed it immensily.

i dont remember liking it on previous plays,always thought of it as a tad brash for my tastes,however this time was a revelation,some great songs on here but for me the stand out tune was "here again",same tone and feel as "no one at the bridge"(anyone else hearing that?)

Just went and listened to it again. A nice slow-to-mid-tempo bluesy feel to it, with a nice little boost at about the 4 minute mark. I definitely hear the "No one at the bridge" resemblence, although that later piece shows a continued growth in song structure and ability. My only real beef with Here Again is that at just over 7:00, it clocks in a bit too long.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Apr 29 2011, 01:12 PM)
Just went and listened to it again. A nice slow-to-mid-tempo bluesy feel to it, with a nice little boost at about the 4 minute mark. I definitely hear the "No one at the bridge" resemblence, although that later piece shows a continued growth in song structure and ability. My only real beef with Here Again is that at just over 7:00, it clocks in a bit too long.

Agreed on all points yes.gif

Before and After, and Here Again are my favorites as well.

Here Again is an overlooked classic. Unfortunately it starts off a bit sounding like a garage band playing at a high school dance, but the song quickly affirms itself and pretty soon you realize you're listening to an amazing song. The guitar solo is one of Alex's best - and in those terms I can associate with No One At The Bridge. That too, ranks up there as Alex's most incredible guitar work ever.

I absolutely love Here Again, as well as the entire album.

RUSH'S debut album is always in the rotation at my house.

The RUSH album Needs Some Love from the RUSH fans that believe there is nothing good before Fly By Night.

Probably my fave off the debut. The first time I ever listened to it was one morning before work, and not realizing how long it was, I was starting to stress about running short of time. "Heck with it, this is a good song!" I remember thinking tongue.gif

Love this song, but yeah it could be cut back in time some, but so could working man.

I do really like the first album. I call this the "fun" album, idk why, that's just how i see it. Maybe because of the simple, usually silly, lyrics.

Hey, if it wasnt for this album, maybe they wouldve never made it. Who knows, really. So, we have to show it a little love!