Ohhhh, I have a better Idea....

HigherWater

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 28 2011, 07:03 PM)
Obvious troll is obvious. At least put some thought into your post before you troll.

goodpost.gif

don't like the setlist? glad you're not going...frees up a spot for a true fan.

True fan? Really? I've seen every tour since signals and I loved Time Machine. What I don't like is Rush taking half a year off, than returning with the exact same setlist.

Why can't we be critical here anymore? Can't I love Rush and not love how they're handling things right now? Do I have to just accept things as they are.

Truthfully, my last post was a little attempt at humor, not trolling, but I should have realized the high level of sensitivity on this site right now. I'll back off and have a beer! trink38.gif

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 08:47 PM)
Obvious troll is obvious. At least put some thought into your post before you troll.

goodpost.gif

True fan? Really? I've seen every tour since signals and I loved Time Machine. What I don't like is Rush taking half a year off, than returning with the exact same setlist.

Why can't we be critical here anymore? Can't I love Rush and not love how they're handling things right now? Do I have to just accept things as they are.

Truthfully, my last post was a little attempt at humor, not trolling, but I should have realized the high level of sensitivity on this site right now. I'll back off and have a beer! trink38.gif

Let's see now, there was NO indication of sarcasm in your post AND you had previously started a thread expressing your anger towards the rescheduling of the two concert dates. With that in mind, there is absolutely no way of coming to the conclusion that you were being humerous. If anything the logical conclusion would be that you made another thread to vent.

Personally, I love the fact that I'll be able to see the concert again. IMO, this is the best setlist they've had since Test for Echo and I'll gladly go again and wait another year for Clockwork Angels.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 07:47 PM)

goodpost.gif

have one for me too broseph (yes i'm 21+)...up all night with work here- taking breaks to peek in around the forum.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 28 2011, 07:53 PM)

goodpost.gif

Let's see now, there was NO indication of sarcasm in your post AND you had previously started a thread expressing your anger towards the rescheduling of the two concert dates. With that in mind, there is absolutely no way of coming to the conclusion that you were being humerous. If anything the logical conclusion would be that you made another thread to vent.

Personally, I love the fact that I'll be able to see the concert again. IMO, this is the best setlist they've had since Test for Echo and I'll gladly go again and wait another year for Clockwork Angels.

No indication of sarcasm? Do you really think I was suggesting that Rush would reschedule the whole tour? For God's sake Lt.Com. Data, sarcasm is humor rooted in the truth!

I don't have the time or energy to be 'angry' about any of this. I'm just commenting on what I see and what I know. Here is a short synopsis:

1. Rush released 2 songs from the 'new album' Clockwork Angels' nearly a year ago and they still have no album. They've had 6+ months to work on the album since the end of the tour but still... I think this is a reason for concern.

2. Even with the break and no new material, Rush is still going to perform the same setlist as they did last summer.

3. Rush postponed 2 dates, one with less than a week to spare, with no explanation.

Did I say anything untrue?

Just for a little contrast:

Last June I saw Iron Maiden here in Denver. They rolled out two new songs from their yet-to-be released "Final Frontier" album. Then, a few months later, the album arrived. Now, Maiden is back on tour with multiple changes to the setlist. HELL, even U2, with the most technically advanced stage production in history has made changes to their set!

You can hate on me all you want. You can call me a troll or say I'm not a "True Fan." But what you can't do is dispute anything I've written.

I love Rush. I'm just a little disappointed in them right now. I don't think that makes me a troll.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 08:15 PM)

goodpost.gif

No indication of sarcasm? Do you really think I was suggesting that Rush would reschedule the whole tour? For God's sake Lt.Com. Data, sarcasm is humor rooted in the truth!

I don't have the time or energy to be 'angry' about any of this. I'm just commenting on what I see and what I know. Here is a short synopsis:

1. Rush released 2 songs from the 'new album' Clockwork Angels' nearly a year ago and they still have no album. They've had 6+ months to work on the album since the end of the tour but still... I think this is a reason for concern.

2. Even with the break and no new material, Rush is still going to perform the same setlist as they did last summer.

3. Rush postponed 2 dates, one with less than a week to spare, with no explanation.

Last June I saw Iron Maiden here in Denver. They rolled out two new songs from their yet-to-be released "Final Frontier" album. Then, a few months later, the album arrived. Now, Maiden is back on tour with multiple changes to the setlist. HELL, even U2, with the most technically advanced stage production in history has made changes to their set!

You can hate on me all you want. You can call me a troll or say I'm not a "True Fan." But what you can't do is dispute anything I've written.

I love Rush. I'm just a little disappointed in them right now. I don't think that makes me a troll.

that maiden show sucked...after the live after death take 2 tour- which was amazing, they played all the crap from brave new world...weak, jsut weak.

i LOVE maiden...mabe i'll go to their forum...

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 08:15 PM)

goodpost.gif

that maiden show sucked...after the live after death take 2 tour- which was amazing, they played all the crap from brave new world...weak, jsut weak.

i LOVE maiden...mabe i'll go to their forum...

Ahhhhhh, I'm a Brave New World convert! I love that record now! Wicker Man leading off is just awesome!

Check out what they're doing on this leg. Added 2 Minutes and Powerslave. Hallowed is in the encore now.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 09:15 PM)
No indication of sarcasm? Do you really think I was suggesting that Rush would reschedule the whole tour?  For God's sake Lt.Com. Data, sarcasm is humor rooted in the truth!

Trust me, there have been a few unhappy fans that have proposed things with equal levels of insanity. It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet without a some kind of emoticon or previous post to suggest absurdity.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 09:15 PM)

I can see why you would disagree with all of this, but the band has the right to do things the way they want. I'm not justifying the postponement of the dates, in fact I'm with you on that one. On the other hand, if Rush doesn't want to make changes to the setlist or record/release any new songs, that's their choice. It's quite obvious they're going to be throwing in the towel after CA.

Considering the second leg hasn't even kicked off yet, no one knows 100% if there won't be a set list change.

Just because they say they are doing one thing doesn't mean they are going to do it. Who is to say they haven't finished another single ready to play for this set? Not likely, but it is possible in some reality.

QUOTE (M M C X I I @ Mar 28 2011, 08:26 PM)
Considering the second leg hasn't even kicked off yet, no one knows 100% if there won't be a set list change.

Just because they say they are doing one thing doesn't mean they are going to do it. Who is to say they haven't finished another single ready to play for this set? Not likely, but it is possible in some reality.

amen to that. they will change up a song or 2...just for me!

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Mar 28 2011, 09:30 PM)
Yes! We agree. I've been beating around the bush and you got right to it!

What I've been trying to say all along is that I think we're witnessing the beginning of the end. There are so many things going on here that are just so..... Un-Rush.

Enjoy them while they're still around fellow 2.gif er. At least you've had (according to your other thread) many years of Rush. I only got into them after they finished the S&A tour, so I've missed some amazing stuff.

Edited by usb_connector

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 28 2011, 08:36 PM)

What I've been trying to say all along is that I think we're witnessing the beginning of the end. There are so many things going on here that are just so..... Un-Rush.

Enjoy them while they're still around fellow 2.gif er. At least you've had (according to your other thread) many years of Rush. I only got into them after they finished the S&A tour, so I've missed some amazing stuff.

what the hell were you listening to before snakes and arrows brotha?? common001.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 09:48 PM)

what the hell were you listening to before snakes and arrows brotha?? common001.gif

Not Rush tongue.gif

Seriously though, in 2007 I was recently converted from pop music to Rock and Roll and I was discovering Led Zeppelin, Boston and Guns 'N Roses.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 28 2011, 08:56 PM)

Not Rush tongue.gif

Seriously though, in 2007 I was recently converted from pop music to Rock and Roll and I was discovering Led Zeppelin, Boston and Guns 'N Roses.

yins needs to check some alice in chains out, not to mention (randy rhoads) ozzy, and iron maiden (older stuff 70's and 80's)

what about metallica?

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Mar 28 2011, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 28 2011, 08:56 PM)

Not Rush tongue.gif

yins needs to check some alice in chains out, not to mention (randy rhoads) ozzy, and iron maiden (older stuff 70's and 80's)

what about metallica?

Oh yeah, I know about them now, as well as Van Halen, ZZ Top, The Who, The Rolling Stones, etc. My point was that I was just discovering rock when S&A came out and I only got into Rush when MP came out for rock band.

What if some fans didn't see The Time Machine tour last year????

There's plenty of us who haven't, and I don't know or want to know the setlist!! It's new to me....

Hello, Cleveland!!! 1022.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Mar 29 2011, 03:15 AM)
There's plenty of us who haven't, and I don't know or want to know the setlist!! It's new to me....

But you don't understand. There are a small group of individuals who are just certain that they are the only 10 or 12 Rush fans in the world and the band must do their bidding. cool.gif

goodpost.gif

I must admit I was somewhat annoyed by getting the same setlist again. Then my buddies and I thought about it and now I just see an opportunity. We have a different seating location this time that will afford us a full view of the lighting, we get to hear MP live again AND we'll be at The World's Most Famous Arena and it's a sellout.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Mar 29 2011, 08:41 AM)
  There's plenty of us who haven't, and I don't know or want to know the setlist!!  It's new to me....
Hello, Cleveland!!! 1022.gif  yes.gif

But you don't understand. There are a small group of individuals who are just certain that they are the only 10 or 12 Rush fans in the world and the band must do their bidding. cool.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I have to admit I am disappointed and quite frankly uninterested in this tour. By the way, I thought the first post exuded sarcasm for what its worth. I have followed Rush and seen them live since 1975. If they are actually going with zero set list changes this time, to me that smacks of "laziness" and opportunism. For the first time I can remember, I have little interest in going to see them. Call me a hater if you like, but you will find very few on this board who have been a fan longer than me. And I will state that Rush has been a very important part of my life for a long time.

I can understand people being disappointed if they're going to see a second show on this leg. However, this leg is about them visiting places they didn't play on the first leg, so it's really not about you. It's for people who wanted to see them last time, but probably didn't have the chance.

I went to a show on the first leg of the tour, and now I'm going to a show on the second leg. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.