'Limelight' in Terry Fox 'made for TV' movie

RushFanForever

Back in Sept 2005, I viewed a 'made for TV' movie on Canadian icon Terry Fox titled 'Terry' on the CTV Television Network.

I acquired a DVD copy of the 'Terry' movie recently from TerryFox.org.

The movie is a reenactment of Terry Fox's unprecedented cross-Canada marathon in April 1980 on an artificial leg for cancer research which made him a national hero. Sadly, he was not able to finish the journey.

The following songs are featured in the movie:

1. Ian Thomas - The Runner

2. The Diodes - Tired Of Waking Up Tired

3. Bruce Cockburn - Wondering Where The Lions Are

4. April Wine - Say Hello

5. Rush - Limelight

6. Red Rider - White Hot

7. Red Rider - Avenue A

8. Stan Rogers - Turnaround

Seeing how things looked in the early 80's from the movie, was like going back in time in a 'time machine'.

It was an inspiring movie to view.

I saw a doc on Terry somewhere on TV here in the States about 3-4 months ago. Can't remember where but geez, what a moving story. I loved that the doc showed him as a real person warts and all. Some of the best TV I've seen in the last year.

I was only 10 but I remember Terry well. I visited his monument in ontario last summer on my bike trip to see Rush in Toronto..

gonna find this movie and check it out, thanks!

The terry fox story made it's debut on HBO in spring of 1983 i recall it well, I was on all the time.. I just got cable that year. But i knew who rush was but i was 10 , so i dont recall limelight , in the movie..

QUOTE (reani14 @ Mar 18 2011, 01:51 PM)
The terry fox story made it's debut on HBO in spring of 1983 i recall it well, I was on all the time.. I just got cable that year. But i knew who rush was but i was 10 , so i dont recall limelight , in the movie..

The 1983 movie on Terry Fox is not the same one I saw.

This was televised on Canadian television only in Sept 2005.

Actor Shawn Ashmore plays the character of Terry Fox re-enacting the run across Canada.

Archived