Best coffee?

shaun3701

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Feb 24 2011, 11:32 AM)
Ever since visiting Cafe Britt in Costa Rica, I drink nothing else. You can buy it online and it's amazing.

FYI: Your coffee should foam when poured or else it is probably a bad cup made from cheap coffee beans.

if it's smooth, medium to light roast, and not bitter i might give it a shot. if it's it's a dark roast and taste burnt, no thanks. no.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 23 2011, 08:52 PM)
...ps.. am I the only one here who puts their coffee grounds in the freezer? It keeps it fresh longer.... I think..

I have a grinder, but have not bought actual beans in a while

when you freeze the beans/grounds you actually lose a lot of the oils in the coffee. You're better off keeping it in a sealed canister, especially if you drink it often enough.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 24 2011, 12:25 PM)
FYI:  Your coffee should foam when poured or else it is probably a bad cup made from cheap coffee beans.

yes.gif

I love pouring freshly-ground coffee into the press pot, then pouring the hot water in and seeing that nice layer of foam sitting on top. coffee.gif

huh...I don't think I've ever seen that on anything other than a latte or cappuccino? certainly not on my home coffee maker?

As for the coffee I drink most often, it's Dunkin Donuts all the way! I'm not a fan of Starbucks - too bitter for my tastes. I'm not familiar with more gourmet coffee beans because we don't have the extra funds to purchase it LOL I know my cousin loves Sumatran blend?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 24 2011, 12:59 PM)
Ever since visiting Cafe Britt in Costa Rica, I drink nothing else.  You can buy it online and it's amazing.

FYI:  Your coffee should foam when poured or else it is probably a bad cup made from cheap coffee beans.

if it's smooth, medium to light roast, and not bitter i might give it a shot. if it's it's a dark roast and taste burnt, no thanks. no.gif

They have a lighter roast but really, none of their coffees taste bitter or dark. I would say, more rich, but again, there is a light roast.

http://www.cafebritt.com/

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Feb 24 2011, 01:49 PM)
grind beans and adjust to your taste. dump in filter and hit button. biggrin.gif

Or....just take off the lid, scoop out the right amount from the can, dump into the filter, and press "on".

I used to drink instant Nescafe when I was younger.

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Feb 24 2011, 03:02 PM)
We have a Keurig single cup brewer. I would never go back to any other kind of coffee maker again. My favorite k-cup is the Green Mountain Extra Bold Double Black Diamond.

I am DYING to get one of those Saeco espresso/cappucino machines. The kind with separate compartments for beans and water. You punch in what you want and the machine grinds the beans and takes it from there. My sister and her husband had one, and it was pretty much the coolest thing ever.

However, they are $700. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 24 2011, 08:40 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Feb 24 2011, 06:26 AM)
Salt Spring Dark Roast, grind the beans fresh then place in bodom... BEST COFFEE EVER!

biggrin.gif

The Bodum press pot is the only way to make coffee. yes.gif

I know! I love it now that I finally learned how to use it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 24 2011, 03:11 PM)
We have a Keurig single cup brewer. I would never go back to any other kind of coffee maker again. My favorite k-cup is the Green Mountain Extra Bold Double Black Diamond.

I am DYING to get one of those Saeco espresso/cappucino machines. The kind with separate compartments for beans and water. You punch in what you want and the machine grinds the beans and takes it from there. My sister and her husband had one, and it was pretty much the coolest thing ever.

Wow, I never heard of that! I have to check it out!

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Feb 24 2011, 03:54 PM)

http://www.saeco-usa.com/en/products/house...lus-silver.html

This is the one, I think, though theirs was a 2007 model. In addition to making excellent coffee, you can see it adds an extremely chic touch to the kitchen. biggrin.gif It just screams "Look how COOL I AM!!!" So if you're the kind of person who is into kitchen appliances (I sort of am, though I can't afford the ones I really want), it's a must-have!

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 24 2011, 04:23 PM)

This is the one, I think, though theirs was a 2007 model. In addition to making excellent coffee, you can see it adds an extremely chic touch to the kitchen. biggrin.gif It just screams "Look how COOL I AM!!!" So if you're the kind of person who is into kitchen appliances (I sort of am, though I can't afford the ones I really want), it's a must-have!

I would be in so much trouble if I bought one of these....but it just may be worth it though. I'm all about looking cool. laugh.gif

Eh, I'll just tell him Mara said to do it!

QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 24 2011, 03:23 PM)

Damn, that thing is sharp!!!

yes.gif