Rare rush interview

Nate2112

There's neat stuff there but there's nothing particularly "rare" about it. I saw it a bunch of times of VH1 Classic. It was called Headline Act.

The one I want that I didn't tape off VH1 Classic is called Boxset where Geddy talks about almost every single one of their videos.

You can see the interview segments here:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/rush/shows.jhtml

I'm in the process of converting a bunch of old VHS tapes that have got interviews and more that I've never seen uploaded anywhere on the internet. Mostly 80s and 90s stuff. When I get done putting it on youtube I'll start a thread and tell everybody. Or I might go ahead and tell people when I start and just gradually add stuff. There's a lot of stuff that's truly rare.

Here is something that a lot of you guys probably haven't seen because when it was uploaded (just last week) Ed over at the Rush blog only listed the amateur bootleg footage from it. I haven't noticed if he's added this proshot link or not but I don't think he has.

The quality's really good, Alex plays a tasteful solo and acts like his typically goofy self which is awesome.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jan 3 2011, 02:06 PM)
There's neat stuff there but there's nothing particularly "rare" about it. I saw it a bunch of times of VH1 Classic. It was called Headline Act.

The one I want that I didn't tape off VH1 Classic is called Boxset where Geddy talks about almost every single one of their videos.

I'm in the process of converting a bunch of old VHS tapes that have got interviews and more that I've never seen uploaded anywhere on the internet. Mostly 80s and 90s stuff. When I get done putting it on youtube I'll start a thread and tell everybody. Or I might go ahead and tell people when I start and just gradually add stuff. There's a lot of stuff that's truly rare.

Here is something that a lot of you guys probably haven't seen because when it was uploaded (just last week) Ed over at the Rush blog only listed the amateur bootleg footage from it. I haven't noticed if he's added this proshot link or not but I don't think he has.

The quality's really good, Alex plays a tasteful solo and acts like his typically goofy self which is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVDE4WBNRg

Save the original encodes from the VHS and torrent them! Don't let the only copies be low-quality Youtube videos which might get removed! wub.gif

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 3 2011, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jan 3 2011, 02:06 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVDE4WBNRg

Save the original encodes from the VHS and torrent them! Don't let the only copies be low-quality Youtube videos which might get removed! wub.gif

Well, here's the thing. I am anything but a computer expert or video engineer so my first goal is to simply get everything converted from VHS to dvd. I've never even loaded a single thing onto youtube before and the whole process has been a challenge but I'm determined to save this stuff firstly for my own sake and then secondly because I know some of the real Rush nuts (I mean that in a good way wink.gif ) on here will want to see this stuff. I do care about the quality but honestly since most of it is old TV stuff from 20 or more years ago and it was probably several generations old when it was sent to me anyway I don't think it'll make much difference especially since it's almost all interview/documentary stuff and very little music. The music that was on there and very rare has since been officially released like the Hemispheres videos.

I don't even have one of those VHS/dvd combo units of my own but I recently found out that my aunt does and she says I can use it as much as I want. My first thought was that I wanted to save some things I taped on VHS decades ago along with my 25 year old high school video yearbook, etc. When I started going through my old tapes to see what I wanted to convert I found all these old Rush compilation tapes that I had bought from a bootleg seller back between around 1992 and 1995 or so. I had almost forgot about them and hadn't watched them in at least a decade. Being the Rush collector that I am I was shocked when I started going through it that very little of it have I ever seen online.

So, I appreciate any input, suggestions, or advice you have but any technical jargon is going to go right over my head. I've never started or created a torrent or uploaded anything to youtube but I have uploaded stuff to rapidshare. I suppose once the stuff is archived digitally on my computer that's the main thing. If stuff gets taken down then I'll get it to someone else who can do this more effectively than me.

Just bear with me, I told Rushgoober about this a few weeks ago in a private message right when I found the tapes but hadn't mentioned it before now on the main board because I knew not much would get done over the holidays anyway. In the meantime if you have any questions about what I've got or have any technical advice go right ahead smile.gif

Archived