Pollstar Top 50 grossing tours 2010

timbo13

The bare facts are this:

Rush came up as the 26th highest grossing live act in North America, and 40th worldwide, for 2010.

Total gross of $26.2 million, with 372,407 tickets sold at an average of $70.94 per ticket over 36 shows. An average gross per show of $754,808.

Here's the link to the stats:

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts201...ericanTours.pdf

http://www.pollstarpro.com/files/Charts201...oncertTours.pdf

Now discuss away to your heart's content. At least the arguments re ticket pricing etc can be backed up with figures.

But remember, as Benjamin Disraeli once said, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.

Have fun. Play nice

Edited by timbo13

Maybe next year we will be higher, but get more people to go to the show dont just bump the ticket prices ! I hardly seen any ads for them other bands through the year, Bet going to rush was a far better experience

they should do a list of the bands that goes without support and has the longest set btw look at cher, 1 city and 40 shows? where was that anyway 10 mins to newyear GTG

Rush played 40 shows, half of what Bieber did who is 17th, doubling Rush's numbers to get 80 shows would put them just as good as Bieber if not better, without a new ablum to promote and the normal, "its only rush" thing

QUOTE (sanzo @ Dec 31 2010, 11:53 PM)
Maybe next year we will be higher, but get more people to go to the show dont just bump the ticket prices ! I hardly seen any ads for them other bands through the year, Bet going to rush was a far better experience
they should do a list of the bands that goes without support and has the longest set btw look at cher, 1 city and 40 shows? where was that anyway 10 mins to newyear GTG

I suspect Cher may have had a Vegas residency

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Dec 31 2010, 07:14 PM)
Good to see Iron Maiden and Furthur on the list. Hard to believe Bieber isn't higher. Seems like he was following me this year.

Maiden only did like 23 shows , imagine if they did 3 months of touring ohmy.gif