'Star Wars' news straight from Lucas

Jack Aubrey

From the nice folks at Movie Web:

On the release of Revenge of the Sith:

- The all digital version is longer, I believe he metioned a Dagobah (Yoda's swamp planet in 'Empire' and 'Jedi') scene in that version but not in the regular theatrical version.

On the TV front:

- He confirmed 2 TV projects: One is continuing with the 'Clone Wars' cartoons and the other is the live action series.

- 100 episodes

- 1 hour each

- Based on a spinoff character

- Lucas will direct first season

- Write season one at one time film season one at one time. Takes place between 'Revenge of the Sith' and 'A New Hope'.

On the DVD front:

- Another box set is in the works: Looks like a 6 disc box set with all episodes 1-6. Possibly a 7th disc, maybe with deleted scenes from the original trilogy. He was asked if he would be changing things again in the movies, prequels or original. He replied that everything is the way he wants them now. As far as the rumored super archival edition due out in 2007 on super hi-def dvd, there is no truth to that.

Plus More...

- He really wants to rerelease the original trilogy back in to theatres using the new 3-D technology.

- No episodes 7, 8, 9.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

This is why I did not buy the current DVDs of the original trilogy. I figured they would all come out at once so I saved myself some redundancy. Tho Lucas is famous for redundancy. laugh.gif

Bummer on the Episodes 7, 8 and 9 but I didn't figure we'd get them anyway.

/dork moment

rofl3.gif

I think the novels (dark force trilogy etc) did a lot to kill any idea for movies 7-8-9. The only thing I can see for future movies would have to be with Jacen, Jaina and Anakin and Mara and Lukes kids (do they have any havent got that far with the novels). I would eagerly watch a TV series. How could it suck that bad? After the last Trek series, I think that franchise is going to be down for a while. I enjoyed it and will miss it but it wasnt the greatest thing to come out of Paramount.