Edward Norton...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

One of my favorite actors of all time is Edward Norton. He has delivered some of the best performances ever, IMO. I'm not a fan of his politics but look at some of the movies he has done.

Primal Fear

American History X

Rounders

Fight Club

The Score

Red Dragon

25th Hour

The Illusionist

Pride and Glory

Death To Smoochy

The Italian Job

Not a bad list of movies. Primal Fear, American History X, Rounders, Fight Club and The Score are some of my favorite movies ever.

Any other Ed Norton fans out there? Any movies I left off that were great?

Ed is one of my all time favorite actors. He can pull off just about any role. I enjoyed him in Keeping the Faith and The Score. His performance in American History X was beyond description. That has to be his defining role, and I can't believe he didn't win best actor for that role.

He's no slouch. [/understatement]

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Dec 30 2010, 11:16 AM)
Ed is one of my all time favorite actors. He can pull off just about any role. I enjoyed him in Keeping the Faith and The Score. His performance in American History X was beyond description. That has to be his defining role, and I can't believe he didn't win best actor for that role.

I totally agree.

I forgot about "Keeping The Faith". That was pretty good. I think he directed that one too.

His performance in "Primal Fear" with the stuttering (don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it) was just amazing and it was his first movie!

Then when he played the mentally handicapped guy (to be politically correct) in "The Score" was off the charts.

And I agree, he deserved an award for AHX. I think he deserved one for "Fight Club" also.

I'm gonna agree with everyone here. The guy has serious chops. I put him up there with Gary Oldman.

The Score was the DeNiro film right? And Primal Fear was the Vatican thing I think...hmmm off to IMDB

QUOTE (briremo @ Dec 31 2010, 09:04 PM)
I'm gonna agree with everyone here. The guy has serious chops. I put him up there with Gary Oldman.

The Score was the DeNiro film right? And Primal Fear was the Vatican thing I think...hmmm off to IMDB

Yep, "The Score" had DeNiro. Such a great movie, and unbelievably DeNiro is upstaged by Norton.

Here is the IMDB plot summary for "Primal Fear". If you haven't seen it this doesn't have any spoilers. I guarantee if you like a good suspenseful drama, you will LOVE "Primal Fear". Richard Gere plays opposite Norton.

Primal Fear

Courtroom thriller about a slick, hotshot lawyer who takes the seemingly unwinnable case of a young altar boy accused of murdering an eminent catholic priest.

An arrogant, high-powered attorney takes on the case of a poor altar boy found running away from the scene of the grisly murder of the bishop who has taken him in. The case gets a lot more complex when the accused reveals that there may or may not have been a "third person" in the room during the murder. The intensity builds when a surprise twist alters everyone's perception of the crime and what really happened.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Dec 30 2010, 11:02 AM)
One of my favorite actors of all time is Edward Norton. He has delivered some of the best performances ever, IMO. I'm not a fan of his politics but look at some of the movies he has done.

Primal Fear
American History X
Rounders
Fight Club
The Score
Red Dragon
25th Hour
The Illusionist
Pride and Glory
Death To Smoochy
The Italian Job

Not a bad list of movies. Primal Fear, American History X, Rounders, Fight Club and The Score are some of my favorite movies ever.

Any other Ed Norton fans out there? Any movies I left off that were great?

Wow. Your log-in must be a BITCH. I thought my username was long.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Jan 1 2011, 07:11 AM)
QUOTE (briremo @ Dec 31 2010, 09:04 PM)

Yep, "The Score" had DeNiro. Such a great movie, and unbelievably DeNiro is upstaged by Norton.

Here is the IMDB plot summary for "Primal Fear". If you haven't seen it this doesn't have any spoilers. I guarantee if you like a good suspenseful drama, you will LOVE "Primal Fear". Richard Gere plays opposite Norton.

Primal Fear

Courtroom thriller about a slick, hotshot lawyer who takes the seemingly unwinnable case of a young altar boy accused of murdering an eminent catholic priest.

An arrogant, high-powered attorney takes on the case of a poor altar boy found running away from the scene of the grisly murder of the bishop who has taken him in. The case gets a lot more complex when the accused reveals that there may or may not have been a "third person" in the room during the murder. The intensity builds when a surprise twist alters everyone's perception of the crime and what really happened.

Yep, I've seen that, that's what I meant about the vatican; Foggy Memory cool10.gif

That was a great flick!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 1 2011, 11:17 AM)
QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Dec 30 2010, 11:02 AM)
One of my favorite actors of all time is Edward Norton.  He has delivered some of the best performances ever, IMO. I'm not a fan of his politics but look at some of the movies he has done. 

Primal Fear
American History X
Rounders
Fight Club
The Score
Red Dragon
25th Hour
The Illusionist
Pride and Glory
Death To Smoochy
The Italian Job

Not a bad list of movies.  Primal Fear, American History X, Rounders, Fight Club and The Score are some of my favorite movies ever. 

Any other Ed Norton fans out there?  Any movies I left off that were great?

Wow. Your log-in must be a BITCH. I thought my username was long.

Yeah, it is too long. But the cool thing is since I joined I've only typed it in once. Since I don't clean out my cookies much I am always signed in. wink.gif