HELLO!

USB Connector

Ok, so I know my account has been around for a while, but I originally made it so I could view a topic with supposed "leaked lyrics for Caravan/BU2B". I haven't really taken an interest to posting in the forums until recently with the 2011 tour.

I got into rush thanks to Guitar Hero and Rock Band. YYZ got my attention in GH2 and then when Moving Pictures came out on Rock Band, not only did I proceed to listening to a ton of their songs, but I also went out and bought a drum kit to play Tom Sawyer, Roll the Bones and Lakeside Park. I've been a Rush fan ever since and I'm still drumming to Rush songs (much more than the original three).

Aside from being a huge Rush fan, I'm also one of the biggest Trekkies you'll ever meet.

So yeah...hi!

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Dec 20 2010, 11:17 AM)
Aside from being a huge Rush fan, I'm also one of the biggest Trekkies you'll ever meet.

So yeah...hi!

Join the club. I'm a huge Trekkie too. 8DD

Welcome, then, to TRF, even though you've been about a while. x3 But it's always awesome to meet another Trekkie on the interwebz! I keep thinking how cool it would be if they did a movie inspired by "2112", haha. But "The Body Electric" is practically perfect for just about every encounter with the Borg. (Seriously.)

Good to meet ya. :3

Been seeing you around the Rush games page, so it's nice to formally meet! You're probably familiar with my "fairly new Rush fan" story, and I too like Star Trek, Star Wars, and sci-fi in general, though I have a lot less time for it now than I used to. I used to do a fair bit of costuming 10-15 years ago at conventions and the like.

For me, The Body Electric reminds me of Lucas' THX-1138. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Dec 20 2010, 11:19 PM)
I used to do a fair bit of costuming 10-15 years ago at conventions and the like.

I think that's awesome. It takes so much time and effort to put a costume together for conventions and such. I tried making a TOS style command uniform this year and the emblem came out so bad even though I had spent hours on it. Next year I think I'll try a TNG or Voyager style uniform and just order the badge from ebay tongue.gif

Oh God, not another Trekkie! laugh.gif Aren't there any other Babylon 5 fans around here apart from me and Jack Aubrey? doh.gif tongue.gif

Just kidding! Nice to see you! bekloppt.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Dec 22 2010, 02:57 AM)
I actually have the whole B5 series ready to watch and haven't had/made the time for it (have only seen bits and pieces, not enough to do it justice). I'll try to put it higher on the priority list!

Yes, you must! It's friggin' awesome! biggrin.gif

Better than Star Trek... ph34r.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 22 2010, 04:50 PM)
I actually have the whole B5 series ready to watch and haven't had/made the time for it (have only seen bits and pieces, not enough to do it justice). I'll try to put it higher on the priority list!

Maybe DS9 and Enterprise, but not Voyager/TNG.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Dec 22 2010, 09:52 PM)

WUT.

BLASPHEMY!

DS9 and ENT are my faves.

I really don't care for VOY after season.. like.. four. =/

Ahem.. But I'd recommend any B5 or Star Trek. Really. It's all a matter of what you like. I don't know B5 that well but it's solid.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 23 2010, 03:59 AM)

WUT.

BLASPHEMY!

Ahem.. But I'd recommend any B5 or Star Trek. Really. It's all a matter of what you like. I don't know B5 that well but it's solid.

Yeah, DS9 is my fave too! smash.gif (It's the most similar to B5! laugh.gif wub.gif )

Dunno about Enterprise though... unsure.gif bolt.gif

What put you off Voyager after that time, Writer?

QUOTE (Jaye @ Dec 23 2010, 01:14 PM)

WUT.

BLASPHEMY!

Yeah, DS9 is my fave too! smash.gif (It's the most similar to B5! laugh.gif wub.gif )

Um, well actually it was probably closer to season.. five...

I haven't seen it in a while. x__x

But to be honest, it just felt like it was getting redundant. Seven was the best thing to ever happen to that series but it was just episode after episode of trying to get back home. I liked the cast and the characters; I just felt the writing was getting a little dry by the end.

Still better than half the scifis they have on TV these days, though. (Fringe being the exception. ;D)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 23 2010, 07:20 PM)

WUT.

BLASPHEMY!

But to be honest, it just felt like it was getting redundant. Seven was the best thing to ever happen to that series but it was just episode after episode of trying to get back home. I liked the cast and the characters; I just felt the writing was getting a little dry by the end.

Hmm, I don't see it... tongue.gif but fair enough.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 23 2010, 02:20 PM)

WUT.

BLASPHEMY!

Still better than half the scifis they have on TV these days, though. (Fringe being the exception. ;D)

I'd have to agree with you, roughly one season after seven joined the series got stale, but I found they picked it up in season 6 just so they could ruin season 7. As for ST being one of the best scifis on TV, I'd say it tops almost everything on TV. It seems that there's always the same crime show or reality TV show playing over and over again with the same predictable "twists". The few times I actually do watch TV over my Star Trek DVDs, I'm usually watching Discovery chanel.