Geddy Is Hot: Mk.II

Jaye

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 25 2011, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (21xanadu12 @ Jul 25 2011, 08:18 PM)
I don't think that there is anything more disastrous than a Geddy obsession fading. Mine has come to a complete halt. Tragic, yes. So I came back here to revive it. Nothing really did it for me. confused13.gif

I must be sick. Yup, that's it!

Maybe it's just a defense mechanism against the emptiness caused by the tour ending, no shows until next year, no vid for two more months, no album for several more months? That must be it GeddyFinal.gif

facepalm.gif Shows how much I've been paying attention. I had no idea things were still so far away! Agh!

QUOTE (21xanadu12 @ Jul 26 2011, 01:06 AM)
I don't think that there is anything more disastrous than a Geddy obsession fading. Mine has come to a complete halt. Tragic, yes. So I came back here to revive it. Nothing really did it for me. confused13.gif

Maybe it's just a defense mechanism against the emptiness caused by the tour ending, no shows until next year, no vid for two more months, no album for several more months? That must be it GeddyFinal.gif

facepalm.gif Shows how much I've been paying attention. I had no idea things were still so far away! Agh!

I know how you feel, 21xanadu12. The same thing happened to me a couple months ago. I was burned out from school and bummed out from the crappy winter weather. Thankfully, I moved out of it before my first ever Rush concert, back in April. Hopefully it'll pass for you, as well. tongue.gif

The time between now and new Rush material won't be easy, but we can survive it. Rush love is steadfast. hug2.gif

GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jul 25 2011, 04:51 PM)
Woah, I just realized that Geddy's birthday is in four days. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'd like to make a video, like the one I uploaded last year on my YouTube channel. What Rush song should I use? tongue.gif

I think you should use something that Geddy penned the lyrics for, like "Savage Amy is My Woman." Now, which album was that one on? My Favourite Headache? Oh, no, wait, it's on the album that exists only in my head! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But you're right; that would be perfect. I've been thinking of using a song like "Different Strings," which Geddy wrote the lyrics for. Or a My Favorite Headache song? It should also fit the mood of the video: upbeat, celebrating Geddy's awesomeness. tongue.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine

QUOTE (SavageAmy @ Jul 26 2011, 09:52 AM)
I think you should use something that Geddy penned the lyrics for, like "Savage Amy is My Woman."

rofl3.gif

Never heard that one before... Is that on the same album as "YYZrocks, I want you so bad"?

But seriously... I've really been thinking hard about this and I don't have any suggestions yet. There isn't a Rush song I can think of that fits the hotness or celebration themes. It might help if I could get my mind out of the gutter for a few minutes.

The suggestions we've had so far are pretty good and I'm sure the video will rock even if the song doesn't really fit. Using a song written by Geddy is also a great idea.

2.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jul 26 2011, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (21xanadu12 @ Jul 26 2011, 01:06 AM)

I know how you feel, 21xanadu12. The same thing happened to me a couple months ago. I was burned out from school and bummed out from the crappy winter weather. Thankfully, I moved out of it before my first ever Rush concert, back in April. Hopefully it'll pass for you, as well. tongue.gif

The time between now and new Rush material won't be easy, but we can survive it. Rush love is steadfast. hug2.gif

GeddyFinal.gif wub.gif

Thanks! I think it happens to all of us, whether we like to think so or not. I would like to put the blame on Jason Isaacs and Alan Rickman. I just saw the last Harry Potter ^_^. Anyways, I think a concert would definitely get me back on the Ged Train, but sadly I'll have to stick with the DVDs. No, they're not bad, but I want the real thing! angry.gif

QUOTE (21xanadu12 @ Jul 27 2011, 07:45 PM)
Thanks! I think it happens to all of us, whether we like to think so or not. I would like to put the blame on Jason Isaacs and Alan Rickman. I just saw the last Harry Potter ^_^. Anyways, I think a concert would definitely get me back on the Ged Train, but sadly I'll have to stick with the DVDs. No, they're not bad, but I want the real thing! angry.gif

I hear you on that. How I wish that I could go to another Rush show, or even relive my first show. That was an experience unlike any other I've had. 1022.gif

All we can do now is rely on concert DVDs and Rush's vast discography to help us get through the Rush drought. Plus plenty of amazing pics of Geddy. wub.gif

Hey, Ged gals. Right now, I have a future project in mind: 70s Kahme. I'd like to sometime get some legitimate 70s clothes and go for the 70s Rush look. Bell bottoms, platform shoes, a large belt, a belt buckle, tinted glasses, all that cool stuff. tongue.gif

I would also have to grow out my hair again. My hair as it is now wouldn't look right with everything else. Geddy's hair in the 70s reached the middle of his back. Gorgeous hair, I might add. wub.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/r30-22.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/rush_group_1974.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/Rush-74-5-patti2112.jpg

Hmmm...I wonder how my classmates and teachers would react if I went to school wearing all 70s clothes and really long hair. biggrin.gif

I consider Rush's 70s music to be among their best work. Why not appreciate their dress style, too? I'm a bit of a retro, modern hippie chick. A proud one. cool.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jul 28 2011, 03:45 PM)
Hey, Ged gals. Right now, I have a future project in mind: 70s Kahme. I'd like to sometime get some legitimate 70s clothes and go for the 70s Rush look. Bell bottoms, platform shoes, a large belt, a belt buckle, tinted glasses, all that cool stuff. tongue.gif

I would also have to grow out my hair again. My hair as it is now wouldn't look right with everything else. Geddy's hair in the 70s reached the middle of his back. Gorgeous hair, I might add. wub.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/r30-22.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/rush_group_1974.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/Rush-74-5-patti2112.jpg

Hmmm...I wonder how my classmates and teachers would react if I went to school wearing all 70s clothes and really long hair. biggrin.gif

I consider Rush's 70s music to be among their best work. Why not appreciate their dress style, too? I'm a bit of a retro, modern hippie chick. A proud one. cool.gif

Well, you'd be in luck right now! Flares are coming back into style, which makes me very happy indeed... smile.gif

Happy Birthday to the MOST GORGEOUS and WONDERFUL bassist and singer EVER!!!!!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif trink39.gif I hope you enjoy your SPECIAL DAY!!!!!!!!! common001.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Happy Birthday to Geddy! Expect me.... errr, your present, I mean, to show up in oh, about three hours. Don't cover the air holes! laugh.gif

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Happy Birthday GEDDY!!!

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Happy birthday, Dirk! May you enjoy it. We Geddy girls are sending much love your way. heart.gif

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y371/Priestess-of-Syrinx/Gorgeous%20Geddy/GeddyBirthday.jpg

Aged to perfection, indeed. Geddy's pushing sixty and still gorgeous. Like a fine wine. wub.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvkVFAKfS-Y

Finding a song to use was not easy, but I ended up using "Leave That Thing Alone," which has an amazing bass riff throughout the song. Geddy really rocks that Fender Jazz bass. tongue.gif

QUOTE (SavageAmy @ Jul 28 2011, 07:49 PM)
Well, you'd be in luck right now! Flares are coming back into style, which makes me very happy indeed... smile.gif

What do you mean by flares? tongue.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jul 29 2011, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (SavageAmy @ Jul 28 2011, 07:49 PM)

What do you mean by flares? tongue.gif

Bellbottoms, basically... They call 'em flares now to avoid scaring off the fashion-phobic! tongue.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ Jul 29 2011, 10:40 AM)

Finding a song to use was not easy, but I ended up using "Leave That Thing Alone," which has an amazing bass riff throughout the song. Geddy really rocks that Fender Jazz bass. tongue.gif

Love the birthday video! You always make such cute ones! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 31 2011, 07:06 PM)

Love the birthday video! You always make such cute ones! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Aw...thank you. I try my best. tongue.gif

It's for Geddy -- how can it not be cute? wink.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 31 2011, 07:06 PM)

I agree completely! Gorgeous pics, too! yes.gif