No Lasers on this tour ?????

gazza65

QUOTE (Digital_Necromancer @ Dec 15 2010, 03:00 PM)
I thought the lights were awesome with out lasers. Lasers would be to much anyway considering theres a ton of strobes and led's all over the stage...

I say cut back on those damn annoying strobes and bring back the lasers.

QUOTE (InvisibleAirwaves13 @ Dec 14 2010, 04:48 PM)
No lasers and they are not missed. The screens are awesome, the pyro is awesome and the lighting rig is uber awesome. Nuff said!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

yeah the screens are huge and are HD.The visuals on the screens are constantly changing from real time Rush,to animation,to stock footage.interspersed with vintage material and modern images and whatnot.It all flows very nicely with the music at hand.

The sound and visuals go extremely well together.Best combo I've seen ever.There are times when it's overwheliming=beyond awesome.

That's my take.

I think the lasers are fine for stuff like Xanadu, Red Sector A and Dreamline, but outside of that they aren't missed. The LED's are the way to go. Multiple colors from the same diode so you can really packe a lot of whallop into a small space AND they do not generate the heat that a conventional bulb does. They're far more energy efficient and have a longer life than a conventional spot bulb. Not to mention, they eliminate the need for motors to change the light colors. It's just a win-win all around. Not to mention, they just look awesome.

QUOTE (Derxst @ Dec 14 2010, 04:19 PM)
I think Dr. Evil finally got the lasers attached to the sharks heads.

"Lasers"

http://scienceblogs.com/bushwells/dr.evil.laser_lj.jpg

So that is where Rush's lasers went. Who woulda thouhgt it?

I'm actually hoping they bring back one of the laser songs like Dreamline or Red Sector A, only cause it's going to be my 8 year old sons first 2.gif concert and I want him to experience the entire spectacle!

Lets face it! Lasers were a big part of the light show and should always be incorporated. Specially in YYZ and the slower part of La Villa!

1022.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Dec 14 2010, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (gazza65 @ Dec 14 2010, 09:28 AM)
Can anyone tell me ...have they dumped the lasers on the Time machine tour ??????...if so WHY ???

Howard dropped the lazers for the TM tour, simply because he was tired of using them. He brought in a lot of other new fixtures & different types of lighting to give him the affects he wanted to achieve. In fact, this is the most elaborate lighting rig that Rush has ever had. While I'm somewhat biased, IMO, visually, it's the most phenomenal Rush show I've ever seen.

I must agree. Well said!