Subdivisions 2010.

D3strukt

Does Geddy program the Moog into his Synth or something? Because i'm listening to some boots from TMT, and it's got that 80's sound to it. (recent tours, RE0 and S&A have not had this sound.) I should point out, that I only hear it in the lead notes, and not the bass notes, but that could just be the recording.

Geddy has been using an actual mini-moog live since 2007, I believe it's the "Little Phatty" model. It's the smaller keyboard above his main one. He uses it for the Subdivisions keyboard solo, also for Tom Sawyer. Edited by shaun3701

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Nov 17 2010, 04:12 PM)
Its amazing how that entire wall of keys he had back in the late 70s-early 80s can now be fit into one board.

With the technology today, you could fit his entire 70's synth collection on an ipod.

I believe his set up is

Moog little fatty

Roland X-7

2 Roland Bass pedal synths

and if you are wondering why he only uses two keyboard compared to his expansive racks of the past it is because the Roland has every type of keyboard patch you can want on it. From Roland to Oberheim to WavePPG including Moog. I have one they are great ! and whatever sound it doesn't have already programmed from the factory you can edit and make one. I had a Oberheim OB-8 in the past and I programmed a similar sound into the X-7 and cannot tell the difference.

Also the Roland can handle sampling too so I'm guessing that is where he triggers most of the samples you hear live in concert .