BU2Pantoum

Maverick

So it is. That's Rush. Making sure I know about obscure forms of poetry.

wink.gif

Is it a pantoum? I see some repetition that would fit the style but I wouldn't really classify the entire song as such...

Its not a perfect pantoum like The Larger Bowl is. But there are enough structural similarities to a pantoum to classify it as one. I remember when I first learned what a pantoum was, because of The Larger Bowl, and I went looking for other examples. Some of the ones I found were close, like BU2B, but not perfect.

I would agree that it has a similar pattern as a pantoum. That's a good observation. I recently had to write a poem for English and I wrote a pantoum about the album 2112. I would've never known about that form of poetry without Rush. Oh and my English teacher had never even heard of it. (Got an A on the paper) 1022.gif

QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Nov 4 2010, 10:04 PM)
I would agree that it has a similar pattern as a pantoum. That's a good observation. I recently had to write a poem for English and I wrote a pantoum about the album 2112. I would've never known about that form of poetry without Rush. Oh and my English teacher had never even heard of it. (Got an A on the paper) 1022.gif

Awesome!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (the oaks @ Nov 5 2010, 06:22 AM)
QUOTE (GeddPratLerxst @ Nov 4 2010, 10:04 PM)
I would agree that it has a similar pattern as a pantoum. That's a good observation. I recently had to write a poem for English and I wrote a pantoum about the album 2112. I would've never known about that form of poetry without Rush. Oh and my English teacher had never even heard of it. (Got an A on the paper)  1022.gif

Awesome!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

That is SO COOL!!!

The closest I've been to referencing Rush in anything was on the "Acknowledgement" page of my final paper for my Civil engineer Degree. I thanked "Neil Elwood Peart, Alexander Zivojinovic and Gary Lee Weinrib for the inspiration". The paper was a study on the coefficient of horizontal consolidation of clays...as Homer Simpson would've put it, "BOOOOOORINNNNG!!".

Archived