Pot Use at Shows

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Oct 5 2010, 01:18 PM)
Call me stupid and selfish but I don't have the time to re-read the same posts over and over and still try to make the same passionate argument more than once. If this was the first time someone mentioned pot on this board I would be willing to have a conversation, but this is like the billionth time this tour someone has brought it up. Guess I should just start ignoring all these threads.

I admit, and easier and less offensive reply would have just been to simply say: POT IS AWESOME cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

Sounds like an interesting thread...

cool10.gif

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 8 2010, 01:11 PM)
To me what ever age you are doesn't dictate weather you should do drugs at a concert or recreationally at all. It's the person's choice and from my experience with hanging out with some potheads when I was younger, if you don't want to smoke they would always just say "fine, more for me then". The potheads i've known in my life never pushed the usage on me at all. If I declined after they asked then they would just move on and enjoy what they're doing and not bother me no more.

I guess i'm kind of different. I hit the alcohol a little more if i'm doing something I know I won't enjoy or am watching a band live that I don't really care for. That's when using drugs will enhance the experience for me, when I'm not that interested in what's going on.

But if i'm going to see a band I really enjoy, there's no need for me to do that because I get enough of a "buzz" or "high" off the music and the show than any drug will ever give me.

I may not like the smell of weed or cirgarettes, or the way a person acts when they're drunk off their ass. But i've come to accept it as part of the concert experience and there's nothing we can do to change that. I just accept it for what it is, focus on the show and enjoy it.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 5 2010, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Oziumrules @ Oct 5 2010, 02:20 PM)
The only reason pot is illegal is because the government hasn't figured a way to tax it properly.

Not even close. If there's one thing the government knows, it's taxation.

The reason it's illegal is thanks (as usual) to big business - specifically the timber industry and companies like DuPont and Kimberly-Clark. History, FTW.

Don't forget about racism. Pot was the drug of choice by many Mexican laborers and African-Americans. I guess the lawmakers decided it was a good way of putting them in jail. It certainly wasn't about harmful effects.

QUOTE (rebelyank @ Oct 5 2010, 08:27 AM)
My husband and I took our 11 and 14 year old sons to this tour (in San Francisco) because we're all major fans. It wasn't like we dragged them them there and they didn't know a thing. We happened to end up in a really heavy smoking area. Some people were acting crazy. But it was a very teachable moment for us. We tried to show them how not to focus on stuff like that and remember the reason you're there -- to see the greatest band in the world. Just tune everything else out and lock into the music! While Rush and Pink Floyd among others have a major drug culture following, there are many of us who enjoy them sober. As long as you're not pushing your own agenda (either way) I don't have a problem with either side of it.

we too brought our 12 and 14 year old boys. although it wasnt continuous, the pot smoke was pretty heavy at times. As a former frequent user, I get it. There are times I think about lighting up and putting Zanadu and the headphones, but I'm over that now. I don;t think its any more obnoxious than a cigarrette.

It became a good time for me to tell the kids, "that's what pot smells like."

The good news is the boys were VERY bothered by the weed and IMO will not be interested in trying it going forward. THANKS POT HEADS! laugh.gif