A Certain Song (Spoilers)

tk4207

I noticed that during La Villa Strangiato Geddy is playing new/different synth chords underneath Alex's solo and during the riff immediately after the solo, and personally I love it! It adds so much more depth and kind of gives it a spacey, ethereal feeling, compared to the studio version and even past live versions (ESL and ASOH)!

So I figured I'd ask if anyone likes or dislikes it, and why! 1022.gif

Edited by tk4207

If I'm correct about what you're thinking of, he's just using a different synth pad sound. Instead of sounding like the traditional analog synth sound, it sounds a bit more modern and spacey right? Those aren't chords, just a different sound. Different chords would mean a different melody and ultimately a different song.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Sep 4 2010, 05:11 PM)
If I'm correct about what you're thinking of, he's just using a different synth pad sound. Instead of sounding like the traditional analog synth sound, it sounds a bit more modern and spacey right? Those aren't chords, just a different sound. Different chords would mean a different melody and ultimately a different song.

Maybe; I was thinking that they were the same root notes, but he was playing those minor chords in a more pronounced way than before, it seemed. And yes, I was also talking about the different patch, which sounds much cooler!

I dunno (nor does it matter) cos I ain't no musician, nor am I a perfectionist nor an analysist, however, I have waited for many years to hear La Villa Strangiato played live in my presence again and I am happy. Both shows I have experienced on this tour (16 Aug Red Rocks & Allentown, PA) I have had the pleasure of RUSH laying their primo renditions of this glorious song upon my senses and sensibilities.

Life is good to me, indeed.