Premium parking? Yeah right!

marlinsfan

I paid for a premium parking spot at the Allentown show when I bought my tickets back in April. I showed up to the show at 7:15 and the lot was full and they didn't let me in, even with my prepaid ticket in hand. WTF?? All surrounding lots were full too, we ended up finding a spot on the street a mile away and ran to the show. Got in just as it started.

Called my credit card company, and they don't accept disputes with ticketmaster. I called ticketmaster and they basically said tough luck. Nice scam!

The ones that really lost out are the band themselves. I had a wadfull of cash in my pocket that I was going to spend on shirts, etc, but had no time since I had to run to my seat. Didn't spend a penny at the show.

wow, sorry that happened to you.

I had bought a Premium Parking Pass, too. I arrived at the gate @ 6pm just as the attendants were putting up a sign that said Lot Full. I showed the security person my pass and they told the parking attendant that anyone with a PPP was to be allowed in; that the grassy space to the east of the stage was reserved for PPP holders. I was let in and had a great parking location. I'm glad I did because I would have been very upset if I was treated as were you. That parking pass was not inexpensive! I did notice that the PPP area filled very quickly, though.

Maybe the Allentown Fairgrounds Office can help you get a refund?

What floors me is your card company not accepting disputes with Ticketmaster. Is this the norm, I wonder? And is it some scheme cooked up from the TM end (would not be surprised) or are the card companies tired of dealing with it?

I work for a credit card issuer (ducking to avoid tomatoes, rocks and other assorted projectiles) and we often launch disputes similar to this, when I worked in customer service we told our cardholders, if you didnt receive the good or service that you purchased, a dispute can definately be filled, keep on 'em...

dwc

This just goes to show everyone that you need to get to the venue as early as possible. What was the show time? If it started at 7:30 or 8:00 than arriving at 7:15 is cutting it really close. It sucks that happened and I understand that you got the parking pass with the ticket but that doesn't garantee anything.

Nothing is for certian when you go to a concert. Always get to the venue early because parking problems, tickets won't scan, seats aren't set up right in the venue, etc can easily occur. It doesn't happen a lot but it's always a possibility. I'm not saying what happened is your fault as it quite obvious that the event staff screwed up something. Just take it as a lesson for next time. You can never be to sure when you go to a concert, especially if it's at a state fair where the venue isn't exactly setup for concerts specifically.

Showtime was 8 pm. I'm in my 40s and have been to dozens of RUSH shows as well as other shows. I've never had this problem, but then again I've never prepaid for parking.

I would have arrived sooner (I left my house at 5:30 and expected to arrive at 6:45) but it also was the first day of the Great Allentown Fair and it was free entrance on that first day, so there were thousands of people going there who were not going to the concert. Traffic jam was horrendous. I did not know this, but it wouldn't have mattered as I couldn't get out of work any earlier anyways.