Battle of Album Sides!

EmotionDetector

Which side do you like better?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which side do you like better?

• POWER WINDOWS 2 (Teritorries, Middletown Dreams, Emotion Detector, Mystic Rhythms)
    • HEMISPHERES 2 (Circumstances, The Trees, La Villa Strangiato)

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Aug 24 2010, 12:50 AM)
Yup, I'm "wrong" again  laugh.gif  It's a vote for PoW 2  biggrin.gif

PoW 2.  Territories grooves, the Emotion Detector chorus is wonderful, and Mystic Rhythms really does carry me away.  When Middletown Dreams is the weakest cut on a side, you're on to something good  cool.gif

Hemi 2... Circumstances is good, Trees is great... but LVS always comes off better live to me than it sounds on the record, and since we're comparing studio versions LVS isn't enough of a boost to take down  PoW.

I totally agree with you Pause rewind replay, I vote for Power Windows 2.

Hemispheres 2: I dont like Circumstances is too repetitive, the Trees is a great song, La Villa Strangiato is great song but I only like parts of it.

So 80's Rush wins it for me.

I have to go with Power Windows 2, though it's close. Circumstances, The Trees, and LVS are all solid classics, but so are Territories, Middletown Dreams, and Mystic Rhythms. All three of the PoW tracks are, IMO, better than Circumstances and The Trees. LVS is probably better than all three of those songs -- guitar solo and all -- but Power Windows 2 has Emotion Detector's guitar solo.

In the end, I have to give it to Power Windows.

Archived