How about a live CD instead of DVD?

Sgt.D

With all this speculation about a live DVD recording from this tour. What are your thoughts on just a live album for a change. Remember when we had live records that would stand on thier own and didn't need a video companion? Personally I would love to have a live album from this years Red Rocks shows. I mean they have two nights to choose best performances and it would be cool to just have a live record again. go ahead and have a dvd too because I understand thats how it is these days but how about let one stand apart from the other? Just a thought.

Quite honestly, I think the last live CD I bought was Different Stages, and that was mainly because I was having Rush withdrawals by that point. cool.gif

I don't listen to live albums. To me, a "live" experience has to be more than just audio, or it's just like listening to the same songs I already have on a studio album.

DVD for me, baby! I think it would be really silly of them NOT to release a DVD of this tour (with the whole "Moving Pictures in its entirety" thing). Might not be right away, but I am sure that some show somewhere is going to be filmed before this tour is over.

QUOTE (tupelobarchetta @ Aug 22 2010, 10:05 PM)
CD, DVD, BluRay, 8-track, whatever .... The band will release them because they know we'll buy them. They have us trained well.

yes.gif

If they do it, I hope its done with the Special Edition Remasters next year