Listening to the ST. LOUIS show...

My son & I just got back from the St. Louis show. With the exception Geddy being a bit off key on the first couple of songs in the first set, it was an awesome show! The second set was absolutely amazing! They were into it, and the crowd was too. 2.gif

I was there last night - and it sounded like Alex toned down the guitar finally. It was not muddy sounding at all - he even brought out what looked like a PRS to play Time Stand Still.

Looked like they're still working on getting The Camera Eye the way they want it...as much as I like that song it's clear that it's very tough to play parts of that live.

Alex flat out DESTROYED it during Working Man. Holy shit.

"This is where they had the bird incident, huh?"

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Yes, the show left me stunned.

The setlist is great and it seems that Alex has a more central role in these songs.

ALex was beyond belief, especially on Working Man!

Can't wait for my second helping in Columbus.

Did anyone else notice Neil at the very end doing some fun pantomime with the guys referring to the bird crap reference? Funny.

Same thing for Alex in Wichita. A BEAST on Working Man...WOW! Did any of you catch if he did the 'added' quick pick scratch thing on the main riff in Witch Hunt during your show? He did in Wichita and it sounded phenomenal! That boy has blazin' hands!

Anyone have audio or video of Geddy making the comment...something like, even if the pigeons were to sh!t all over Neil, they'd still keep playing?

I would love to see/hear that! 1022.gif I KNEW I should have tried to make it to St. Louis! banghead.gif

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Aug 22 2010, 09:16 PM)
Will be seeing them in person tomorrow in Chicago!

Congrats!

Its been almost a full month since I saw them last, and I miss them sooo much already!

I am reminded of another's exclamation of "post-concert depression". I am definitely hurtin' and I can't wait until I go to a concert after they finish Clockwork Angels.

QUOTE (A Farewell to Things @ Aug 23 2010, 04:10 PM)

Congrats!

Its been almost a full month since I saw them last, and I miss them sooo much already!

I am reminded of another's exclamation of "post-concert depression". I am definitely hurtin' and I can't wait until I go to a concert after they finish Clockwork Angels.

I hear ya! My last concert was Vegas. That was SUPPOSED to be the last for me for this tour, but it's looking more and more like I will be able to catch at least one more show (either Dallas or Houston) before the tour is over! YES!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (A Farewell to Things @ Aug 23 2010, 09:10 PM)

Congrats!

Count yourselves EXTREMELY lucky!!! We're lucky if we see them every third tour over here. I'm SOOOOO jealous sad.gif

Last nite was AWSOME!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Had the best seat of my life, 4th row right in front of Geddy's mic stand! GeddyFinal.gif

I took pics all night long and have some great shots.. will edit and post tomorrow.

They all seemed to be having fun and personally I think they sounded better than the last two shows here! yes.gif

Loved Geddys comment about the pigeons, but that's kinda sad that they think of St. Louis as the "pigeon shit" ampitheater doh.gif

And yeah, I think I got the comment on video...will post if I do.

QUOTE (mystic @ Aug 23 2010, 06:35 PM)
Last nite was AWSOME!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Had the best seat of my life, 4th row right in front of Geddy's mic stand! GeddyFinal.gif

I took pics all night long and have some great shots.. will edit and post tomorrow.

They all seemed to be having fun and personally I think they sounded better than the last two shows here! yes.gif

Loved Geddys comment about the pigeons, but that's kinda sad that they think of St. Louis as the "pigeon shit" ampitheater doh.gif

And yeah, I think I got the comment on video...will post if I do.

Nice! Thanks! trink39.gif

As noted in an earlier thread, my wife and I had tickets for this show, but she lost her job and we didn't think it would be economically wise for us to make the trip from MS.

All of that sucks, no doubt...but we were able to sell the tix to a guy in Kentucky via ebay. He e-mailed us and said that the tickets enabled him to take his 11 year old son to his first concert and they had a great time. So, even though it looks like we'll miss this tour, we were glad to hear that someone else was able to use and appreciate our tickets... glad to find out that they weren't bought by some poser.

QUOTE (mystic @ Aug 23 2010, 06:35 PM)

They don't think of the venue as that - it's related to the Kings of Leon show where they walked off after three songs because they said they were getting dumped on by pigeons.

That venue is one of the absolute worst to get in / out of I've ever seen...ugh!

it is terrible to get out of... however, I watched where the VIP parking was letting out, found an opening in the railing and was out on the expressway within 10 minutes. I wish Rush would play the Scottrade Center instead.