Guitar Players: GAS early warning - new Lerxst axe

tskidmore

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Apr 20 2011, 10:41 PM)
Yeah, 1001 I think the piezo techno is still a WIP, and the probably will be for still a few more years. It's getting there, maybe 90% or so, but it's not perfect yet.

I'll tell you one thing, though...listening to a clip on YouTube of "Presto" from a recent Rush show, the piezo in Alex's red LP sounded real good.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 20 2011, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (jdouglas @ Apr 20 2011, 10:41 PM)
Yeah, 1001 I think the piezo techno is still a WIP, and the probably will be for still a few more years.  It's getting there, maybe 90% or so, but it's not perfect yet.

I'll tell you one thing, though...listening to a clip on YouTube of "Presto" from a recent Rush show, the piezo in Alex's red LP sounded real good.

I actually thought the opposite the 2x I saw them last tour, but I think it was more the lack of eq on it or somethin...just sounded sterile to me...especially the unwound strings.

but when his prs crapped out and he played time stand still on the tele, man was that rockin. And I don't even care for that song much. Yup, a RI big Al tele for $1200, i'd total get one of those. ;p

Well, the Les Paul is still a Les Paul, designed by Les and Ted McCarty back in 51-52. Les' signature is on every one. Technically it's an Alex Lifeson modified Les Paul signature guitar. The ironic thing is Les Paul never played Standard Les Pauls. He played what is known as the "Recording" model with single coil low impedence pickups, which sound more like active pickups than humbuckers. Extremely bright, but also good low end. The Recording model also had complicated electronics.

Soon I will be endorsing the Alex guitar so it will then be a CygnusX-1Bk2 Alex Lifeson Les Paul signature guitar....

http://www.gear-review.co.uk/reviews/lespauliridium/image013.jpg

Les playing his Recording model

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BBUxvfcVq68/SuvuS_z50aI/AAAAAAAAAng/qphE6UedQzs/s1600/Les%2BPaul%2BRecording2.JPG

Wow

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

The man has a good point, most of the sig series nowadays are just pickup changes on a guitar that's been around for years (here a bridge upgrade); but the intangable is it is still pretty cool.

The 355 was special cause that guitar made some of the best music, can't say same for acxess.

But if you are in the market for new guitar anyway, and have the dough, why not. The 355 has held its value well (as I've been unable to score a cheap used one) so maybe the acxess will as well, and then the risk of depreciation is reduced.

Clapton has a fender sig series with huge production every year on basically a strat with a boost, and he has a sig 335 and martin acoustic. Even taylor swift has a sig taylor (just ask my neice).

Timmons was gonna leave ibanez, then magically he signed and annouce a 3rd sig model...it's just business now.