Irvine, CA

Me and a buddy went to this show at Irvine Meadows. We both left thinking the same thing, this was the best Rush has ever sounded. These guys smoked, rocked, and then kicked ass for good measure. Un-f***ing-real. Just when you think, "how many tours does Rush have left in 'em?", then, this show. I'm very curious to see if they can keep it up, seeing them in Dallas in a little over a month. WOW!!!!

It was the best Rush concert I ever saw. The place was sold out, the weather was perfect,

and they nailed it. In one of the moments when Geddy spoke, even he seemed

dumbfounded on how good it all was that night. I never saw such a big smile of earned satisfaction on Neil's face at the end.

I have to say that I would have to agree with you guys and even though I have only seen 6 shows in total thus far the boys were really on fire and the sound was brilliant. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 18 2010, 09:37 AM)
after 54 shows, all the Irvine shows I've seen rank among the best. I dont know what it is about that venue, but I love it.

yes.gif Good point.

I've seen Rush at Irvine 4 different tours (Presto, RTB, VT and TM). They always play really well there.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 18 2010, 10:40 AM)
after 54 shows, all the Irvine shows I've seen rank among the best. I dont know what it is about that venue, but I love it.

yes.gif Good point.

I've seen Rush at Irvine 4 different tours (Presto, RTB, VT and TM). They always play really well there.

you didnt catch the Snakes tour? both the '07 and '08 Irvine shows were outstanding.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 18 2010, 10:51 AM)

yes.gif Good point.

you didnt catch the Snakes tour? both the '07 and '08 Irvine shows were outstanding.

I saw Snakes first leg at Hollywood Bowl.

Second leg I was in the hospital... fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 18 2010, 10:56 AM)

yes.gif Good point.

oh that blows. hope it wasnt serious!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Aug 18 2010, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 18 2010, 10:56 AM)

yes.gif Good point.

oh that blows. hope it wasnt serious!

Unfortunately, it was kinda serious. Neck surgery.

Hard to believe that was over 2 years ago! Things have been good since then though. smile.gif

2.gif

This Show was my 19th Rush Show since the Signals Tour! - I forgot how much I love Irvine Meadows! - THAT'S RIGHT! You can take away the curved music notes from the stage, and name the place after a PHONE COMPANY, BUT IT'S ALWAYS GONNA BE, Irvine Meadows!

The boys were awesome! The set was Epic! So m any songs never before played live!

They could be down and gone, but they hold on!

RUSH! The greatest band in the Galaxy!!!

There is something about Irvine.....

I have seen Rush 20 times at 6 different venues... ( 4 outdoor)

And the sound and atmosphere at Irvine is always spectacular.

After the final show on the Presto tour, at Irvine, I remember reading a quote from Alex saying....

"We love this place....there's just something about Irvine"

Agree with all the above. Irvine brings out the best in the boys, or maybe it's Vice Versa LOL. Who Knows?

But not only do they always sound incredible, but they always seem to be in the best of spirits at this show. Plus, there always seems to be something interesting happen at each show...this year we had the Alex "Stop, Please Stop" moment....R30 was Jack Black on stage, and I saw Nicholas Cage there during the Snakes tour....

Just an awesome place to watch Rush....it's sad it's going away in 2013

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 23 2010, 10:26 AM)

Just an awesome place to watch Rush....it's sad it's going away in 2013

what is this you say???? where did you hear such things?

*emerges from lurk mode*

I saw Rush for the first time in Irvine and was absolutely blown away by their performance. Only wished I hadn't waited so long to see them, but will definitely be there the next time they grace Irvine.

Oh and Irvine is such an awesome outdoor venue and I've seen many concerts there, but I have to say that Rush was absolutely my fave.

2.gif rocks my world!!!