Dukes of Hazzard

Indica

NAMES AND FACES: Simpson sets sights on Hazzard County

September 15, 2004

Perfect casting! Jessica Simpson will make her big-screen debut as Daisy Duke in the movie remake of the 1979-85 TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard," People.com reports.

Warner Bros. previously announced that Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott would play those fast-drivin' good ol' boys, Bo and Luke Duke.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jay Chandrasekhar ("Super Troopers," Fox's "Arrested Development") will direct, though a start date has yet to be announced. As for Boss Hogg, Burt Reynolds is said to be emerging as the top choice. (In case you forgot, John Schneider and Tom Wopat played Bo and Luke Duke, Catherine Bach played Daisy, and Sorrell Booke,who died in 1994, was Boss.)

Yeah, but is anybody going to go see it?

I'm sure some people will watch it. I used to love the show as a kid so I'll probably watch it. It's better than star wars I bet.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 15 2004, 05:29 PM)
I'm sure some people will watch it. I used to love the show as a kid so I'll probably watch it. It's better than star wars I bet.

Depends on which 'Star Wars' you're referring to. Given a choice between watching Jessica Simpson or Jar-Jar, I'll take Simpson. Even though I find her mentally repulsive, she is still less annoying.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 15 2004, 04:36 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 15 2004, 05:29 PM)

Depends on which 'Star Wars' you're referring to. Given a choice between watching Jessica Simpson or Jar-Jar, I'll take Simpson. Even though I find her mentally repulsive, she is still less annoying.

Oh they made more than one? I couldn't imagine why. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 15 2004, 10:44 PM)
Oh they made more than one? I couldn't imagine why. confused13.gif

I don't get it. 'Splain, please.

confused13.gif

I loved the dukes when I was a Kid . . . .

I wanted that 69 Dodge charger painted Oklahoma Orange .

And I Wanted DAISEY DUKE !

I still want that car . . .

And They couldn't have picked a better Daisey Duke . . .

She's got such pretty teeth yes.gif

I can't imagine seeing the movie. As I got older, I came to understand that the show was really about Boss Hogg. Without him, the show wouldn't have been what it was. You can always find young attractive people to play starring roles on TV. Finding someone to play Boss Hogg, that's another story. Sorrell Booke was clearly the best actor on the show from what I saw. I understand he was an accomplished stage actor before being on that show. Nobody could ever play that part the way he did. I can't fathom that Burt Reynolds would even approach that level as Boss Hogg. So I'm not going to see this movie anytime soon. It will happen by accident, if at all. I think Ben Jones, who played Cooter (and also was a real life Congressman from Georgian, unseated by Newt Gingrich of all people), wrote something to the effect that he refused to have anything to do with the movie remake. I got seasons one and two on DVD (silly X-Mas gift from my mom), and that's all I need.

No . . . .

I believe the show wouldn't have been anything

without . . The Car and The Chick .

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/TNTONPMS/gen-anim.gif

QUOTE (TNT on PMS @ Oct 11 2005, 05:38 PM)
No . . . .
I believe the show wouldn't have been anything
without . . The Car and The Chick .
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/TNTONPMS/gen-anim.gif

Anybody can create a show about a car and a chick, right? But without Boss Hogg, there's no vendetta against the Dukes. There wouldn't be a story. If they followed Bo around the NASCAR circuit, that would have gotten old after a few episodes. Nowhere near as much fun as being chased by Roscoe, and then having Boss Hogg reprimand Roscoe for failing to cuff 'em and stuff 'em.

Yea . . . .

I coulda watched it without them in it

Not even a question .http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/TNTONPMS/gen-anim.gif

QUOTE (TNT on PMS @ Oct 11 2005, 06:03 PM)
Yea . . . .
I coulda watched it without them in it
Not even a question .http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/TNTONPMS/gen-anim.gif

Love the loop.