**SPOILERS** Salt Lake City show review

woodring2112

Wow!

Meet and Greet took 10 seconds, no autographs, and only 6 pairs of folks participating. Not complaining. In fact, I'm still smiling!

Now that I have that out of the way, let me give you something a bit more constructive.

First: for those who have been unsatisfied looking at the setlist, let me first say that I wasn't too sure about it either...ON PAPER. However, as played, there is not a hole in the setlist. Every single song was outstandingly executed and positioned in the set. Even "Time Stand Still," which has always been weak for me, sounded incredible and now strikes me as a song which must be heard live to be appreciated.

Second: the Moving Pictures presentation was INCREDIBLE. Every one of those songs, especially TCE and WH, takes on an incredible life and energy when done live, and when done as an album as a whole, simply boggles the mind. What minor changes the band made to those two songs specifically were perfectly executed and sounded fantastic.

Third: the video bits were hilarious. Yes, they may have a run a bit long, but it was really fun to see Neil especially having so much fun doing them.

Finally: this was my daughter's first Rush show, and I caught her bobbing her head and bouncing up and down quite a bit, and singing the songs she knew well, and rocking out to the others.

I can't wait to see it all again in Vegas.

For those of you that have shows coming up: it is worth it, believe me!

See you in Vegas!

Edited by woodring2112

Was also at the show last night. It was incredible. The boys energy was infectous, instrumentally they were perfect, and we were the beneficiaries of an 11-day break as Geddy's voice was for the most part fantastic. I have zero complaints about the show. Obviously the Camera Eye was amazing. I absolutely loved Marathon. Witch Hunt was so fricken good. La Villa Strangiato was such a good encore. Amazing setlist from start to finish.

Zero complaints. Wish I were in a position to hit at least one more show on this tour. They are on fire.

Great show. I don't mind the venue, I just wonder why they built it with the stage facing West as the sun is in the band's eyes until intermission.

The energy during The Camera Eye was fantastic. I am so excited that I was finally able to hear it live.

Although a small market, Rush has quite a following in Salt Lake, and it seems that Rush always makes an effort to play here.

Looking forward to next weekend in Vegas.

RUSH was soooooooooooooooo great last night! Yes, I signed up for the forums just so i could say that biggrin.gif

Best live bass performance I've ever seen without question! If you're having any doubts at all about going to see them on this tour, GO GO GO! There's no way you'll regret it!

Oh yes! Geddy was SPOT ON with the bass lines and the vocals! He was totally amazing! Oh, and Neil and Alex were good too...LOL!!

All kidding aside, the guys were totally amazing! "On Fire" is right! I completely love every Rush concert I have ever been to (last night was #7), but this was probably the best I have ever seen them! I can't say enough good about it! Incredible!

Edited by Rushchick10

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Aug 6 2010, 09:45 AM)
Even "Time Stand Still," which has always been weak for me, sounded incredible and now strikes me as a song which must be heard live to be appreciated.

You absolutely nailed it here! This song has really never done anything for me at all, but live it was amazing! Made me tear up like a little girl smile.gif

Great Show in Salt Lake! Loved it, Sound was amazing. I was about 20 rows back on Alex's side. Everything about it was awesome! Still on a RUSH high!!

THANK YOU NEIL, ALEX AND GEDDY!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

I have to ask Wood...how the heck do you get a meet/greet? :10 would be fine with me...LOL!

It was a great show...they were fresh from time off...