PNC Arts center- Holmdel

Mills1988

I'm hoping to get tickets to the show at PNC Arts center in Jersey. Due to financial issues, I may have to get a lawn seat. I've never been there, so I'm hoping the lawn will suffice. I just saw the boys in Camden on the lawn and was very happy with the sound quality! The boys really kicked ass! Looking for opinions on how this venue compares to the one in Camden? Thanks in advance.

No place better when you are there and with friends.

Love the venue and the lawn.

Seen Rush there 2 times and coming up on the 3rd.

PARTY IN THE LAWN!!!

BTW... There is a thread in the hot tub area of a party forming.

biggrin.gif

Ive seen them on the lawn there twice, and in orchestra seating once at PNC. The sound sucks on the lawn, it escapes into the air as soon as it gets out from the under the roof. Very little punch and power.

Its really worth the extra money to get under that roof. First of all you dont have to worry about the weather, because if it rains they dont cancel shows there, and the sound is significantly better. Still not as good as seeing them indoors, but its much better than the lawn.

Edited by trenken

I refused to get a lawn seat since my last Rush show where some doofus I went there with couldn't keep his hands to himself...I'll not take a chance of running into him again this time, so I'll be in sec 101, row Q, seat 28 this time around... biggrin.gif

4 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):

PassTheAmmunition

bekloppt.gif

How are things going?

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

I've seen many many shows at PNC. It's one of my favorite places to see a show. The tailgate parties there in years past were legendary laugh.gif

Unfortunately, in the last couple of years, in an effort to curtail partying and drinking, they decided to only open the parking lots 2 hours before the show.

As for the lawn section, there's a reason why the tickets are cheaper...no seats, you're exposed to the weather, and the sound isn't great. The sound at PNC in general isn't all that great no matter where you sit IMO. But, overall, it's still a great place to see a show.

As Ceej mentioned, check out the "Hot Tub" thread. As the show approaches, we'll be posting in there to update everyone on where we're going to meet up before the show.

Maybe we'll see you before the show!

The sound at PNC isn't the best, but the atmosphere is usually pretty good and the crowd is usually vibrant. The key to the lawn is to get there early and get right up to the front. If you stand in just the right place you can actually get a decent sound, so test it out. In some spots you loose a lot but if you stand in just the right place you can get most of it.

The tailgating at PNC is legendary. I went to see Iron Maiden there in June and didn't expect them to let tailgating happen. They let everyone do pretty much whatever they wanted.

A good crowd and no problems whenever I have been there (and hopefully again on Sept 3).

Hope to see ya'll there. Enjoy the show!

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:23 AM)
The sound at PNC isn't the best, but the atmosphere is usually pretty good and the crowd is usually vibrant. The key to the lawn is to get there early and get right up to the front. If you stand in just the right place you can actually get a decent sound, so test it out. In some spots you loose a lot but if you stand in just the right place you can get most of it.

The tailgating at PNC is legendary. I went to see Iron Maiden there in June and didn't expect them to let tailgating happen. They let everyone do pretty much whatever they wanted.

A good crowd and no problems whenever I have been there (and hopefully again on Sept 3).

What time did they open the parking lots? I commute down the Garden State Parkway, and have seen signs saying that the lots open 2 hours before the show.

Just be careful over there. When I was there (5 yrs ago?) they had the tightest security/ douchebag guards I have ever seen. Tailgating was scrutinized in the parking lot. Inside the venue, there was a huge waiting line for the men's room & there were a ton of people taking leaks in the bushes, one of them was my friend. All of a sudden, dozens of cops grab these people & arrest them. My friend was being hauled off, when he broke away from the cop (ballzy manuever) and ran into the crowd and took off his shirt & bought a different shirt. He succesfully got away from the cops. I got thrown out of the venue just for being out of my seat. I moved up a couple rows from where my seat was (there were plenty of empty seats rows up), then security started asking for tix & when I showed them mine, the pulled me out & tossed me out in the street on my ass. It was a Rush concert too. Those bastards! banghead.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 29 2010, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Jul 29 2010, 10:23 AM)
The sound at PNC isn't the best, but the atmosphere is usually pretty good and the crowd is usually vibrant.  The key to the lawn is to get there early and get right up to the front.  If you stand in just the right place you can actually get a decent sound, so test it out.  In some spots you loose a lot but if you stand in just the right place you can get most of it.

The tailgating at PNC is legendary.  I went to see Iron Maiden there in June and didn't expect them to let tailgating happen.  They let everyone do pretty much whatever they wanted. 

What time did they open the parking lots? I commute down the Garden State Parkway, and have seen signs saying that the lots open 2 hours before the show.

Officially the lots do open 2 hrs before the show. Last time I was there I got there about an hour and a half before the show and the main lot was already full and the secondary lot was quickly filling up. It seems like (but i can't be sure) that they have a policy but dont always enforce it.

Keep in mind that the later you get there the further you park from the venue, and it can take a long time to get a spot. I have waited in a line of cars for up to 45 min from the entrance off the parkway to an actual parking spot.

If in doubt just be there a little before two hours before the show and get a great spot and have a few hours to enjoy tailgating. The line to get into the venue moves quick so once you decide to go in usually less than 10 min before your in your seat.

QUOTE (jacob's ladder @ Jul 29 2010, 12:52 PM)
Just be careful over there. When I was there (5 yrs ago?) they had the tightest security/ douchebag guards I have ever seen. Tailgating was scrutinized in the parking lot. Inside the venue, there was a huge waiting line for the men's room & there were a ton of people taking leaks in the bushes, one of them was my friend. All of a sudden, dozens of cops grab these people & arrest them. My friend was being hauled off, when he broke away from the cop (ballzy manuever) and ran into the crowd and took off his shirt & bought a different shirt. He succesfully got away from the cops. I got thrown out of the venue just for being out of my seat. I moved up a couple rows from where my seat was (there were plenty of empty seats rows up), then security started asking for tix & when I showed them mine, the pulled me out & tossed me out in the street on my ass. It was a Rush concert too. Those bastards! banghead.gif

Tailgating: A few years ago there was an incident at PNC where a large number of underage kids were drinking and got out of control. A lot of people were hurt and many were arrested (there may have even been death). After that they cracked down on tailgating. It was forbiden for some shows and tightly regulated for others. While this may still be the case at some shows, they appear to have lessened up a lot. At the Maiden show a few weeks ago the parking lo was full of tailgaters openly drinking. The cops were driving around but didnt bother anybody unless they were out of control. So, should be able to tailgate but dont get crazy...

Bathrooms: The line for the men's room is always long at a RUSH show (with none for the wonem's). This is especially bad at PNC. Look for the more obscure restrooms (some you have to go down to the dungeon). AT Maiden, there were a lot of people using the bushes. I didn't see anyone get caught, but...Just dont be obvious if ya have to. Also, they did have portable toilets around the parking lots, so use them if your worried.

Seats: Stay in your seats, and don't move up even if the seats in front of you are empyt. They really do enforce this! If your caught moving up they will bounce you without warning. This happens at a lot of venues. At Camden, the row in front of me (Pitt row 2, actually first row where I was) was empty for a while and had a lot of space in front of the seats (at least enough for several bodies deep). The guy next to me asked if we could move up if noone came and he was told that they constantly check and if we moved up even 1 row into the empty row we would be bounced.

In short...if your doing anything you shouldnt just don't be obvious about it. Blend into the crowd. And if security comes up to you just dont give them a hard time. I've been there for many shows and never had a problem.