"Moneyball" Starring Brad Pitt Starts Filming

RUSHHEAD666

I could have put this in the Sports Section but heck before you know it this movie will be on the Silver Screen! Or should I say the Green And Gold Screen!! 1022.gif

They are shooting scenes for "Moneyball" this week and they are taking a few hundred A's fans a night as extras.

Wendy, Skylar and I will are going tomorrow night!

I don't know how Wendy and Skylar will stay awake as we will be on the night crew shift.

We have to get there at 10:30 pm and it goes until 5:30 am.

When we signed up for this thing on the Internet they told us that they might be shooting a remake of the A's Royals game when the A's won in dramatic fashion to make it twenty straight wins in a row. Scott Hatteberg crushed a walk off homer to win it after the Royals came all they back from trailing by 10 runs.

Strangely enough Wendy and I and the girls were at the 20th win in a row game!

Anyway Brad Pitt will be there as Billy Beane and Phillp Seymour Hoffman is going to be playing the manager Art Howe.

As an A's diehard I'm very excited about this flim.

Too bad the real "Moneyball" in 2010 is a FAIL!

Although the A's are still floating over .500 this season.

Go A's!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Brizel @ Jul 28 2010, 06:56 PM)
I have a huge man crush on Brad Pitt

Hey!

Last night was actually quite a letdown, yet in the beginning it was an interesting experience.

We were the late night bunch. 3000 of us all decked out in our A's gear. I was in my Rickey Henderson jersey.

We got their at 10 pm sharp but didn't get into the Coliseum until 11:15.

We were put in a scene very soon once they seated up down the third base line by the bullpen.

It was the seventh inning and Tim Hudson was coming out of the game with an 11-5 lead. This scene was based on the A's winning 20 in a row.

Anyway after that take we were moved down by the A's dugout.

There was Phillip Seymour Hoffman decked out in A's skipper gear. He's playing the old A's manager part of Art Howe. Phil was taking a cigarette break down on the field while his stand in was going out to the pitcher's mound. Man, I've never seen a Hollywood set before at work. It was chaotic on the field yet for us fans it got really boring fast.

We sat there for hours doing nothing while they filmed the Hoffman scene in the A's dugout.

They gave us a free hotdog, trail mix, candy and water.

They also raffled off a flat screen TV but we didn't stick around.

We had our ten year old daughter with us. We were supposed to stick around until 5:30 AM.

We left around 3 AM.

The earlier extras in the first shift actually saw Brad Pitt on the field for a few minutes. That's what I was told.

Brad then went to a very nice Italian restaurant by the Oakland Airport called Francesco's.

It was a good experience, but I think my being an "extra" in a major motion picture are over.

I slept in today but I'm still burnt out.

I'm thinking this film will be a bust. Just like Beane's "Moneyball" philosophy in 2010.

Then again the A's just beat Texas so they are still in the hunt for a "Green October."

Earl

very interesting! Kind of a bummer all the excitement to be in a movie but then reality u just get to sit sad.gif. If you find yourself in the movie your ganna have to tell us!

QUOTE (Brizel @ Jul 28 2010, 10:29 PM)
very interesting! Kind of a bummer all the excitement to be in a movie but then reality u just get to sit sad.gif. If you find yourself in the movie your ganna have to tell us!

Indeed! If I see myself in the seventh inning in the movie I will surely tell you all!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 29 2010, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (Brizel @ Jul 28 2010, 10:29 PM)
very interesting! Kind of a bummer all the excitement to be in a movie but then reality u just get to sit sad.gif.  If you find yourself in the movie your ganna have to tell us!

Indeed! If I see myself in the seventh inning in the movie I will surely tell you all!!

trink39.gif

Yeah, you'll be the dude in the background saying, "Where can I get Japanese pressings of old school heavy metal bands?!" in sign language. laugh.gif

Oh, why do the "extra" bit when you could be THE star, director, and all that shit ala Clint Eastwood? You're certainly hyperactive enough to fill all those roles RUSHHEAD. 1022.gif

P.S. Hoffman-great, Pitt-not great.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 28 2010, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (Brizel @ Jul 28 2010, 06:56 PM)
I have a huge man crush on  Brad Pitt

Hey!

Last night was actually quite a letdown, yet in the beginning it was an interesting experience.

We were the late night bunch. 3000 of us all decked out in our A's gear. I was in my Rickey Henderson jersey.

We got their at 10 pm sharp but didn't get into the Coliseum until 11:15.

We were put in a scene very soon once they seated up down the third base line by the bullpen.

It was the seventh inning and Tim Hudson was coming out of the game with an 11-5 lead. This scene was based on the A's winning 20 in a row.

Anyway after that take we were moved down by the A's dugout.

There was Phillip Seymour Hoffman decked out in A's skipper gear. He's playing the old A's manager part of Art Howe. Phil was taking a cigarette break down on the field while his stand in was going out to the pitcher's mound. Man, I've never seen a Hollywood set before at work. It was chaotic on the field yet for us fans it got really boring fast.

We sat there for hours doing nothing while they filmed the Hoffman scene in the A's dugout.

They gave us a free hotdog, trail mix, candy and water.

They also raffled off a flat screen TV but we didn't stick around.

We had our ten year old daughter with us. We were supposed to stick around until 5:30 AM.

We left around 3 AM.

The earlier extras in the first shift actually saw Brad Pitt on the field for a few minutes. That's what I was told.

Brad then went to a very nice Italian restaurant by the Oakland Airport called Francesco's.

It was a good experience, but I think my being an "extra" in a major motion picture are over.

I slept in today but I'm still burnt out.

I'm thinking this film will be a bust. Just like Beane's "Moneyball" philosophy in 2010.

Then again the A's just beat Texas so they are still in the hunt for a "Green October."

Earl

Sorry it was such a bummer Earl! Waiting for filming to begin can be excruciatingly long. I guess that's why the stars get paid the big bucks.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 29 2010, 06:00 PM)
I'm not sold on this working as a movie.

laugh.gif

After spending four hours on the set I would have to agree.

I can't believe Pitt and Hoffman signed on to this film.

The fake Eric Chavez is like a foot shorter than the real deal.

I kept yelling at the fake to RETIRE! LOL!

Don't get me wrong, as an A's diehard it's nice to get some movie love but still at the end of the day why?

"Moneyball" was a good thing, but it certainly didn't get us a ring.

Our best chance was probably in 2001. FAIL.

It's pretty sad when the highlight of "Moneyball" is stringing together 20 wins in a row. Then again I was there for win number 20 and it was fukking incredible.

Hatteberg crushed it. Bill King's replay of the bomb is beyond classic.

RIP BILL KING!