Are there any shows you've been to...

Went to see Metallica open for Ozzy back in 86. Don't think I would be able to sit through either set at this point. Could barely sit through Ozzy then. In fact, I went to see the Black Crowes and Metallica open for Aerosmith in 90. Check out this lineup- Black Crowes, Warrant, Metallica, Aerosmith. Who decided Warrant fit there. When they saw the crowd getting restless because of the rain, they surrendered their time. No loss. Black Crowes were great and so were Metallica...before the Black album.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daveyt @ Aug 8 2010, 07:40 PM)
went to see megadeth back on the peace sells tour and decided to hang around for alice cooper. glad i did! even missed the bus home but it was worth it.

Alice Cooper is simply fantastic live! One of the best rockers ever...period.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy

I went to a 38 special show with guest Bad Company just to see Bad Company. It was a last minute deal and I didn't know that Paul Rogers wasn't with them at that time due to them all beings jerks..

anyway. I tried to stomach as much as I could of 38 special but they sucked and my friend and I left 4 or 5 songs into their set

Although I was not even born yet, how about Jimi Hendrix opening for the Monkees? That has to be the most lopsided and uneven headliner/opening acts of all-time.

I usually never go and check out the opening bands when I go to a concert. I prefer to "pre-party" with my friends and other concertgoers in the parking lot/bar/whatever before entering the "concert hall". I do remember going in early to see Alice in Chains when they opened up for Kiss in St. Louis. This was back in mid to late 1990's when Kiss was on one of their "farewell" tours. Alice in Chains came out onstage and played their set with the Arenas house lights on the whole time. "Rooster" is a great song.

By the way, Kiss played a good show. I was pretty excited to see the original Kiss in full-blown make-up and watching Ace Frehley (one of my favorite guitar players). However, the concert was fairly predictable and routine but still good, nonetheless.

Went to see Huey Lewis and the News back in the day without even knowing who the opening act was. 7:30 these four black guys come on stage dressed like clowns. Turned out to be Living Colour. They rocked. I went out and bought "Vivid" the next day.