Geddy's voice

John W

just saw my first time machine show and I'd say he sounds better than S&A. I was pretty drunk tuesday night though lol

QUOTE (John W @ Jul 15 2010, 07:14 PM)
For those who have been to a concert, how has Geddy's voice been holding up for the Time Machine Tour? Has his voice lowered any since the last tour?

Just listen to some clips on youtube. You can hear that he's struggling in almost every clip ive watched, but thats fine. He's older so I dont think anyone expects him to sound like he did when he was 30.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 16 2010, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (John W @ Jul 15 2010, 07:14 PM)
For those who have been to a concert, how has Geddy's voice been holding up for the Time Machine Tour? Has his voice lowered any since the last tour?

Just listen to some clips on youtube. You can hear that he's struggling in almost every clip ive watched, but thats fine. He's older so I dont think anyone expects him to sound like he did when he was 30.

yeah, I've resigned myself to the idea that Geddy just can't sing as well as he used to. Oh well, he's still good... just not as awesome as 20 or even 10 years ago.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 16 2010, 10:32 PM)
I think these days it's hit or miss. I remember during the S&A tour he sounded awesome live, but then on the DVD he sounds tired and worn out.

Exactly. It seems to definitely be hit or miss now. Ottawa was hit! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think these days it's hit or miss. I remember during the S&A tour he sounded awesome live, but then on the DVD he sounds tired and worn out.

That's actually pretty true. I thought he sounded pretty good on the actual concert, but Red Barchetta on the bonus disk was brutal

That's why I wish they would release earlier shows in the tour instead of the last show of the long, long tour...

QUOTE (ProfGumby @ Jul 17 2010, 12:03 AM)

That's why I wish they would release earlier shows in the tour instead of the last show of the long, long tour...

The later in the tour the more time they've had to perfect the songs but I agree that Ged's voice is tired after all those shows. Perhaps they should pick one that is just past the middle of the tour... should have the songs down and his voice may not be so strained.

P.S. "If you are not seeing the Time Machine Tour - I FART in your general direction!"

Now THAT's funny!! laugh.gif

Edited by EveryNerveAware