Beavis and Butthead to make a comeback!

Peart 2112

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 15 2010, 07:50 AM)
Who here saw Beavis And Butthead Do America? In the theater? I was there, and have the DVD! Not as good as the series but it was still pretty entertaining.

Thanks to Netflix, I streamed it about a month ago.

Anyway, I guess I'll check out the new episodes. I doubt I've watched anything on MTV in the last 10 years.

Also, (trying to clear out the cobwebs in my brain) what Rush song did Beavis and Butthead discuss in the one Rush occurance on the show? I can't recall.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 15 2010, 08:50 AM)
Who here saw Beavis And Butthead Do America? In the theater? I was there, and have the DVD! Not as good as the series but it was still pretty entertaining.

I did, opening day with my best friend and my cousin. We all loved it.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 15 2010, 08:55 AM)
Who here saw Beavis And Butthead Do America?  In the theater?  I was there, and have the DVD!  Not as good as the series but it was still pretty entertaining.

Anyway, I guess I'll check out the new episodes. I doubt I've watched anything on MTV in the last 10 years.

Also, (trying to clear out the cobwebs in my brain) what Rush song did Beavis and Butthead discuss in the one Rush occurance on the show? I can't recall.

I remember they were watching the Stick it Out video, and I think Beavis sang some of Spirit of Radio.

Anyone remember the episode when the guys found a dollar and decided to buy some gas with it so they could burn stuff? But the gas station wouldn't sell them gas because they didn't have a container to put the gas in, so they bought a lottery ticket instead. Turned out the lottery ticket was a winner, so at the end you see the two pulling into the gas station on a new riding lawn mower and they told the gas station attendant "we have a container now." Classic! laugh.gif

Didn't think the show was all too funny when it came out. It sorta grew on me a bit. The movie was pretty good.

If Mike Judge actually does this he will be the biggest hypocrite on the planet after the huge deal he made over squashing it in the first place. He distanced himself from that thing in seconds flat for King of the Hill?

That show sucks. I wrote Adult Swim no less than 30 hate mails the second it became one of their "go-tos" in rotation. You know what's funny about a hick selling propaine?

Nothing at all.

schla03.gif

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 15 2010, 08:17 AM)
Didn't think the show was all too funny when it came out. It sorta grew on me a bit. The movie was pretty good.

If Mike Judge actually does this he will be the biggest hypocrite on the planet after the huge deal he made over squashing it in the first place. He distanced himself from that thing in seconds flat for King of the Hill?

That show sucks. I wrote Adult Swim no less than 30 hate mails the second it became one of their "go-tos" in rotation. You know what's funny about a hick selling propaine?

Nothing at all.

schla03.gif

Ditto...

I think Mr. Judge is realizing the potential gold mine he has on his hands by resurrecting Beavis and Butthead.

Can't stand King of the Hill. I think I watched 2 episodes. I don't think it's funny, and it bores the hell out of me.

I hope he brings the show back.

Some of my other favorites were the ones with the hippy teacher, like the "Manners" episode and the classic one where he paid them $1 to spend the day cleaning his house. They put his 8-tracks in the VCR. . .and the toaster. . .and the dishwasher. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 15 2010, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 15 2010, 08:17 AM)

Nothing at all.

schla03.gif

Ditto...

I think Mr. Judge is realizing the potential gold mine he has on his hands by resurrecting Beavis and Butthead.

Can't stand King of the Hill. I think I watched 2 episodes. I don't think it's funny, and it bores the hell out of me.

I hope he brings the show back.

FYI...Mike Judge did Beavis and Butt Head while he was an intern at Mtv, and he made no money off of the show. Mtv owned all the rights. King of the Hill was his way of making a living.

And yes...King Of The Hill pales in comparison.

Okay, I thought of one funny thing that B&B did. They were taking care of a dog, and they put it in the washing machine at the laundromat and started singing WASHING THE DOG! WASHING THE DOG! to the tune of Priest's Breaking the Law.

That was damn funny. The rest of it I can do without.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 15 2010, 04:44 PM)
Okay, I thought of one funny thing that B&B did. They were taking care of a dog, and they put it in the washing machine at the laundromat and started singing WASHING THE DOG! WASHING THE DOG! to the tune of Priest's Breaking the Law.

My husband and I STILL sing "Washing the dog! Washing the dog!" a la B&B whenever we are, in fact, washing the dog! (But we do it with a hose on the front stoop or in the bathroom, not in a washing machine).

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 15 2010, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 15 2010, 04:44 PM)

My husband and I STILL sing "Washing the dog! Washing the dog!" a la B&B whenever we are, in fact, washing the dog! (But we do it with a hose on the front stoop or in the bathroom, not in a washing machine).

laugh.gif

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 15 2010, 05:55 AM)
Who here saw Beavis And Butthead Do America?  In the theater?  I was there, and have the DVD!  Not as good as the series but it was still pretty entertaining.

Stick it out tongue.gif